Chapter 9

***Ana's POV***

Okay I can admit it to myself. I'm in love with Michael. But somewhere I was thinking about what Luke told me the other day. Michael... A murderer...? No it couldn't be. That's not the kind of guy he was. Michael was nice and sweet and I'm pretty sure Luke is jealous.. But still.. why would he come up with such a horrific lie? I was so curious to know the REAL story but that's none of my business so I'd just let it go, once again...

***Luke's POV***

Fuck. What's wrong with me? Ana doesn't want to talk to me anymore and doesn't want me to tell her the truth. Somewhere I get it but the way Michael acted was nice and loving, like he used to be before the whole bloody accident. I was planning on going to talk to him. Without Ana. I wanted to see if he had really changed or if he was still planning on killing me...

It was time to go to school again. So I put on a black shirt, my usual black ripped skinny jeans and a red flannel. I quick toasted some bread and ate it while going to the buss stop. I was kinda nervous when getting on the buss. I hoped I got the time to talk to Michael and I hoped that nothing bad would happen.

I was already calming down now but then I saw Michael and Ana entering the buss. My heart was pounding. I tried to hide behind the seat in front of me. I didn't want them to see me. I just needed to talk to Michael and I'd prefer to let Ana stay out of this shit.

***Ana's POV***

Michael had waited for me at the buss stop like he had done for the last couple of days. It was nice to have Michael talking to me. But I noticed that at one point I couldn't stop staring at him. He was actually really hot but I'd never let myself notice that because of Luke. But now I didn't care. Luke didn't bother me. Not anymore. I loved Michael now and the rest didn't bother me.

***Luke's POV***

It was 13:20 now. I knew Ana was in class now and that Michael had a free hour. This was the moment to find him. I started looking for Michael and I ended up finding him laying in the grass. When Michael heard me coming he sat up and when he looked at me he smirked.

"Michael I need to talk to you" I said. "Sure Lukey" Michael said smiling. "Why are you here here?" I asked. "Why are you here?" Michael asked jokingly. "No seriously Michael why are you here.." I said. My face was serious. I really wanted an answer. "Wow.. you really want me to tell you don't you..?" Michael said. "Yes" I said. "Luke... I think you think you know why I'm here. But I don't think you know the real reason..." Michael said seriously looking me in the eyes. I sat down next to him. "What do you mean Michael? I really don't know so please tell me" I said confused. I think he's here to kill me. But if he knows I think that... that means he's not... but that's not making sense...

"Okay let me tell you..." Michael started. I was curious what he was about to say so all I did was shut up and listening to his story. "Okay Luke see after you did what you did with Andrea. I was heartbroken. Andrea was the love of my life. I'd had a tough life and she brought light into my life. After you slept with her I was so fucking angry and I went on a killing spree. But that was not me. That was the anger inside of me. Luke I really regret what I did and when I realised what I had done I felt guilt. All I felt was guilt. What I had done Luke, that was not good and I know that. I didn't want to stay in the place where all I could smell was my victims blood. I killed my own fucking friends. I can't even walk around there in Sydney without me remembering how I killed them" Michael said. Stopping his story for a bit. "But why did you come here, this country, this city, why?" I said. I was still confused. "LUKE I DON'T FUCKING KNOW OKAY I THOUGHT I COULD GET AWAY FROM YOU TO NOT FEEL GUILTY WHENEVER I SAW YOU OR WHEN I WALKED PAST THE MURDER PLACES. DAMN IT LUKE I JUST WANTED TO GET TO THE OTHER FUCKING SIDE OF THE EARTH. WHERE I HAD NO MEMORIES AT ALL! A PLACE WHERE I'D NEVER BEEN AND YOU CAN'T FUCKING IMAGINE HOW SHOCKED I WAS WHEN I SAW YOU HERE!" Michael yelled at me. I got kinda scared because of the sudden yelling but somehow I understood him. "So what now... I'm here... What do you want to do with me now..?" I asked carefully. "I don't know Luke. All I want to say is I'm sorry. I know this is not getting them back but I'm fucking sorry okay. Luke, I had no parents, not anymore, they couldn't stop me. Luke I just did this horrible thing and I don't fucking understand how you can look at me without fucking disgust. LUKE I'M SO FUCKING SORRY. YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT" Michael said and he was crying. I never knew anything about his parents being dead or him having a tough life before this whole accident. So many horrible things have happened to him and then when I slept with Andrea, he just exploded, killing everyone I loved... "It's okay Michael" I said. "What?" Michael said. He sounded confused. "Did you just...?" Michael asked still being confused. "Yes I did... I forgive you.." I said. I gave him a hug and them I left for class.

I can't believe I just forgave Michael. But now I knew. He wasn't here to kill me. He was here to start over. Just like I was. And if you want to leave the past behind you need to forgive. And that's what I just did.. I never thought I'd be able to, but I did.

Michael needed a second chance and I was here to give it to him.