Chapter 27

***Michael's POV***

"Fuck, fuck, fuck. I'm such an idiot" I said out loud. Though no one could hear me. I was all alone. Ths only two who were here in this room were dead and covered in blood.

I kneeled down beside Ana and I stroked her hair. She was beautiful and I wanted her. What had I done? I had lost the only living person I truly cared about. But now she was dead too, just like my parents...

This was my fault. Why did I do this? She didn't deserve this. If I had never involved her in this, she would still be alive. The tears were streaming down my face as I stroked her hair, her beautiful hair. I missed her. It was bad enough that I tortured her just to mess with Luke, but because of that she was dead now.

She was dead and she was never coming back.

After a few minutes of crying I started panicking. What would I do now? I had nothing to do. What was the purpose of me being here any longer?

Ana wanted to see Luke. And I wanted to be with Ana. But I didn't deserve her. I was doomed to be alone on this goddamn earth for the rest of my life, alone.

What if I died? No one here knows me. No one would miss me. No one cares and the only people I cared about were dead.

I could just go join them in the big black hole of the unknown that's death. What even happened after you died? Nothing, you'd just be dead or do you continue your life somewhere else? I don't know.

Though there is a slight chance I'd end up with other people. Only if there's some place where the souls of the dead go to. Here I'd just be alone.

I got up and now I looked at Luke. Disgust filled me. What had I done.

Luke may have been the reason my life has been a hell, but now I realise he never intended to kill me. And Ana. She wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for me. It's my fault. I did it. I killed them. Their blood is on my hands.

For the first time since all those years, I feel guilty. I hate this feeling and I started crying even harder and I started panicking.

What if the police found me? What if I'd leave? But then they'd find my DNA on their corpses. I would have to spend the rest of my life in jail. No, that's not good. I needed to do something. If I'd escape I had to live with the guilt of their deaths which I now realise is too heavy to handle for me. I couldn't live like this.

I deserve to feel this way, I know that. But I am selfish.

I just can't. I'm weak and scared. I'm just another human being. I just happen to make more mistakes that others. I need to fix my mistakes. There's only one way to do that.

I had to die.

Not only because I took their lives but also I'm that selfish.

I needed to get myself some rest first. It was about to get dark and I needed time to prepare myself for this. So I lay down on the ground and curled up into Ana's lifeless arm. And then slowly I fell asleep.