Chapter 26

***Ana's POV***

I woke up, my wrists felt like they hurt less. They felt free. Strange...

I looked behind me and saw Michael untying the rope that was binding my wrists and feet to the chair. But why? Where was Luke? I needed to know. But I was scared to hear the truth because deep inside I knew where he was.

"Michael, where is Luke?" I asked. I was shaking, scared for him to confirm what I thought. Michael didn't say anything he just pointed at something behind me. There was a bump and over it was laying a carpet.

I stood up and was scared what to find, actually I knew but I was hoping it wasn't that bad as I'd expect. I lifted up my carpet and there he was. Tears appeared in my eyes.

I hated Michael. I really did. I hated him more for killing Luke that for torturing me for hours.

Luke was laying underneath the carpet. His shirt was covered in a huge bloodstain coming from the centre of his chest. I bet Michael had stabbed him in the heart.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I screamed as I turned around to Michael, looking at him furiously. "Ana, you don't understand. He let me do this" Michael tried to explain

"NO! HE DIDN'T! YOU'RE A LIAR! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN THAT! YOU'VE LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING!! WHY THE FUCK WOULD I TRUST YOU CLIFFORD?!" I spat in his face. He stepped closer, grabbing my arm. "Ana please? Let me expl-" michael tried. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME" I yelled and I tried to get his hand of my arm.

"Ana just fucking listen to me!" Michael yelled. I was quiet, scared for what he'd do with me. I didn't want another round. But now Luke was dead. He was the only light in my life, what could I do without him? My life had no meaning. None.

"Ana you don't get it. You don't know the whole story" Michael said calmed a bit down again. "Then tell me your story but if you're lying to me I'm leaving" i said.

"Ana, I know I killed Luke's family and friends but that's because...."
"Because what?" I cut him off. "Because he, Calum and Ashton lead my parents to their death..." Michael said.

"I don't believe you. I know Luke. He would never do this. You're a psychopath Michael. It's disgusting" I spat.

"But Ana... He deserved it" Michael started. "NO! It's already horrible that you killed the damn boy. Don't you dare spread lies around him now he's death and can't tell the truth" I said as I kneeled down stroking Luke's hair.

I never realised I loved him that much. I missed him and I had to keep strong in order to not fall apart. I wanted Luke to wake up so bad telling me it's a prank but he wouldn't. He'd never wake up. He was dead. My only friend, my ray of sunshine. There was a hole in my heart that can't be fixed. It would never be. I was alone in this world. I wanted to be with Luke. Wherever he was now. I wanted to be there. My life on earth had no purpose without him in my life. And Michael would only make my life worse. He proved that to me today.

That's the point when I decided I wanted to be with Luke, forever. So I ran to the knife, Michael had used to stab me that many times. The pain couldn't ever get worse not worse than the pain I was feeling in my chest at this moment. I took the knife, holding it in front of me.

"ANA NO!" Michael screamed, but it was too late. I had stabbed it into my stomach. I had lost too much blood in the last hours. It wouldn't take me long to bleed to death and I had possibly hit some vital organs. But not bothering about that. My life would be over, I would be with Luke, wherever he may be. I was going to be with him forever.

My head was spinning and it all got dark in front of my eyes. The light faded into a dark black and then I let out my final breath. The sharp pain I felt was disappearing I din't feel any pain anymore.

After a few seconds I felt like I got pulled away from my body. The black turned into light. I saw myself laying dead on the ground, Michael was kneeled beside me and it looked like he cried. But I couldn't see him that long cause every second I got higher and higher.

At some point everything was white around me. It looked like I could stand on here. I walked around. This was lonely. No one was here. Maybe Luke felt like this too. But I would never know.

"Ana?" I heard a familiar voice ask behind me. I turned around seeing Luke standing there along with some other people which I assumed must've been his family.

"Luke" was all I could say and then I ran towards him to give him a big hug. Hugging with Luke felt perfect, it was.

"I missed you" I said. "Not as much as I missed you" Luke said, holding me tighter in his arms.

"But why are you here?" Luke asked in a serious tone, while he loosens his grip. "I came here to be with you and that's all that is important" I said, trying to pull him back into a hug.

"Ana. You shouldn't have done that. I'm not worth it" Luke said. "Yes you are Luke, you are amazing and all I want to do is to be stay here with you, forever" I said.

"Ana, I'm not. I... You don't know the full story" Luke said. "Then tell me and I'll believe you" I said.

"I used to be different..." Luke started. "Different like what?" I asked. "I used to be mean and a horrible person. If I had met myself as I was then, I would be disgusted. I used to bully Michael, only because he was different. I even tried to pull a "prank" on his car which lead to his parents' death" Luke said and it went quiet.

"Please tell me it's not true" I said. "Unfortunately it is, and we're not proud of it" a brown-haired boy said. I turned around to look at him and then I looked back at Luke.

"You're different now. People make mistakes and we learn from them. You have changed Luke. I know the person you are now and that's what's important to me. The person you are now is all I care about. Not the person you were" I said.

"This is one of the reasons that I love you" Luke said as he pulled me in for a kiss. "You two look cute" the brow-haired boy said. I turned around and smiled at him. "Thanks" I said and me and Luke walked towards him.

"I'm Ashton by the way and this is Calum" The brown-haired boy said and he pointed at a boy with black hair. "I'm Ana" I said.

"Yeah we know" Calum said. "You know?" "Yeah, Luke hasn't talked about anything else since he got here" Ashton laughed. "Shut up you" Luke laughed as he playfully punched Ashton on his arm.

I got to know Calum, Ashton and Luke's family really well by the hours that passed. They were really nice people.

Wherever I was now, I was a lot happier than I was during the time I spent on earth. These were the people I loved to be around and I had Luke again. He was mine and this time forever.

Maybe death wasn't as bad as I'd expected it to be when I got here. Now I just hoped Michael would finally realise what he had done.