test drive

**Don't skip ahead to read translations or risk spoilers**

      Although the flight back to the compound mainly consisted of Thor complaining that Rocket's beer wasn't the correct type, it was a still enjoyable to explain to Thor the process of building the hyperdrive system. So, when we arrive back at the compound, the excitement of seeing how Tony has finished each hyperdrive sends a spark through me.

     Tony stands, sleeves rolled up and screwdriver in his mouth, over a nearly finished with some sort of intense instrumental music playing in the background when we walk in through the door. Two other drives are stacked along the wall, ready to be equipped it would seem. The generators are almost exactly like the one I had designed, or at least, attempted to design.

     "Tony, these hyperdrives are incredible... Stars!" I breathe excitedly as I trace my hand over them. Three Quinjets are present in the hanger. I suspect one would be used to test the first ever light speed jump in the Milky way Galaxy.

     "I'll take that very highly coming from you," Tony replies, pulling the wrench from his mouth and tapping it along to the beat of the song. "This is the fourth one. Honestly, they're kinda addicting to build once you get the hang of it."

     I smile at Tony's idea being seemingly one Anakin carries with him in every waking moment.

     "Fourth one? I only count three..." I ask, looking around the room once again. Steve, however, comes down from one of the Quinjets, wiping his hands with a rather ragged looking towel.

      "The other has already been equipped," Steve announces as he joins Tony and I. "It's surprisingly a lot like a motorcycle."

     I tilt my head in slight confusion, but think better and shake my head, pressing my hands together.

     "So, they work?" I ask, noting the lights are now fixed and blinking like stars, meaning that the drives must be functional.

     "Well... not exactly," Tony answers. "Our fuel on Earth doesn't supply enough energy for the generators to power for more than twenty minutes. We would require a massive energy source to produce enough to last a whole jump to Sakaar, let alone back."

     I twist my master's kyber crystal in my hand as I think. That is the part I have worried my mind over. Coaxium is an extremely rare form of hyper matter that can only be mined on the planet of Kessel. It is used to coat the hyperdrive reaction chamber in order to allow the drive to energize enough into a jump for lightspeed. The smallest amount could power an entire fleet of ships.

     Thor walks up behind me, "What's up?"

     He snaps open a can and begins to drink, keeping eye contact with me.

     "Oh, we require an energy source compatible to that of Coaxium," I explain. Thor looks between Tony, Steve, and I with a questioning look, almost as though we can not see what he can.

     "Well... why don't you just use the kyber crystal around your neck?" Thor asks, taking another swig. "Are those not the powerful energy source used to power many deadly weapons?"

My mouth drops slightly as I look between Tony and the crystal in my fingers. Tony raises his eyebrows and swing his arms.

      "Yeah, that should work," He answers, making a popping noise with his mouth.

      "You know of kyber crystals?" I ask, confused. Tony shrugs.

      "Peter talks too much," He replies simply.