Prologue

Evie's P.O.V.

"Hmmmnn..." I groaned as I slowly regain my consciousness. Pakiramdam ko ay tila hinampas ng isang malaking bato ang ulo ko. I feel it aching like hell.

My eyes flutter open and the very first thing that I notice is the beautiful chandelier in the ceiling, it shines so brightly that it hurts my head. I am about to reach out to my forehead to massage it when I noticed that both my wrists are bound securely with a thin white rope.

"Fuck it!" I cursed under my breath as I try to struggle to break through it.

"Don't bother... It won't budge that easily."

That soft voice from a distance captures my attention, creating an electrifying vibration throughout my body. Kumunot ang noo ko ng maramdaman ang kakaibang pagguhit ng init sa buong katawan ko patungo sa sentro ng aking pagkababae. I let out a gasp as my eyes drifts towards where the voice came from. It's not possible for me to have this kind of reaction unless...

'Mate!'

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I hissed in anger and try to conceal my strength. The last thing I want is accidentally break this rope in my wrists and reveal my real identity to him. "Take this shit off from my wrist or I'll make you regret this." Banta ko rito.

To my irritation, the man lets out an amused laugh.

"Nope, not until you get in terms with the fact that you are staying with me for good." He told me, full of confident. He stand up from the chair and walk towards the bed where I am sitting.

I can't help but roll my eyes at his act. I admit, he look like damn snack in his black tuxedo, making me want to jump him and tear it off from his body. That reminds of the night when my inhibitions and control slip off. That one night when I enjoyed fucking him that I ended up marking him and staking my claim. Yup, my stupid ass accidentally mark this self-centered human being in-front of me. I don't know if it's the alcohol talking or the sex is really too good that I ended up marking a human. It's been more than three months since that happened. I left Ailhelm in rush afterwards, not wanting to face dreadful mess I created.

He sits on the bed and advances toward me. I did nothing but observe what would be his next move. His hand reaches out to the spaghetti strap of the silk gown I am wearing, a dress that I don't remember wearing. Clearly, somebody take the opportunity to undress me and make me wear this flimsy nightwear. He pulls down the strap, revealing that part of my skin that is covered with silk fabric. His eyes immediately brighten, and I can smell his sudden arousal upon seeing my pinkish white skin dotted with some tiny freckles.

"Try to pull that down lower than it already is, and I swear to moon goddess I'm gonna cut your balls and shove it to your mouth." Walang halong pagbibiro na banta ko rito.

That seems enough to stop him. He lets out a smile as he takes a step back away from me. Mate or not, there's no way I am gonna allow him to take advantage of me.

"Henry, take this rope out of my hand and give me back my clothes," I commanded, my eyes not leaving his.

He rolls his eyes on me but proceeded to walk towards the side table anyway. He pulls it out open and takes out a knife from it.

"You are so bossy." I hear him grumbled as he cut the string from my wrist, freeing me from being tied.

"And you are an asshole," I growled at him. "How did you even-?"

"I had my bodyguard kidnapped you." He confessed, making me raise my eyebrow at him.

He hired someone to kidnapped an assassin? Napahawak ako sa noo ko. I can't even fathom how stupid and ridiculous he is. The person he hired got quite lucky. If one of my brothers seen them, they are probably having some peaceful dinner with the angel of death by now.

"Look, rich boy," I said and throw the rope on the bed. "I'm out of your league, okay? Let's stay out of each other's way. Can we do that?"

"Nope, I can't, and I won't." He replied, matching my authority with his.

Bahaw akong natawa. I love how he tried to act so bravely in front of me to assert his dominance. I'm pretty sure if he learned that I am a werewolf, he would think twice before stepping ten meters closer to me. I bite my inner lips, realizing how stupid I am for marking him as mine. That was the last time I got drunk. I avoided all kinds of alcohol like a plague after that night.

"Evie, I know you think I am weak and crazy, but c'mon. Give me a little chance, please? We look good together. Can't you see how perfect you are to me?" He points us with his forefinger.

I quickly catch his finger, bending it backward and staring at him while he writhes in pain. "Save your cringey lines to a woman who would willingly jump to your bed and get the fuck out of my face."

His eyes met mine as he gave me a playboy smile. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but three months ago, you jump willingly in my bed and - aw - ouch! Okay, I'm so sorry." Lalo kong nilakasan ang pagkakahila sa darili nito. "I won't talk about it. Spare my finger, please."

Inis na binitiwan ko ang darili nito na agad niya namang hinawakan. Napailing na lang ako habang nakatitig rito na hinihilot ang nasaktang daliri niya. This is why we can't be together. First, he is not fit to be in my world. My enemies will eat him alive so is my brothers. Second, I don't fit in his world. This room where I am in shouts nothing but luxury, and I don't fit in here. I am an assassin, and he is a prince. Sadly, I ain't no princess. I am everything but a princess.