Chapter 16

Henry's P.O.V.

(Hey, he's got a pov)

Vengeance is for those who are of a weaker kind. But is it really?

My eyes focus on the almost golden colour of the whiskey in my hand. I release a tired sigh and lean on my seat. My plan of revenge is starting to go out of hand. I only want the winery to fall. I want to destroy it so that nothing can remind me any more of the family that I lost at a very early age.

Childish, I know. But seeing it fall will give me satisfaction. It is my own way to seek justice without harming anyone.

Evie is not supposed to be part of any of it, but that night– that fucking night changes everything. Lust blurred all my senses, and suddenly she became collateral damage that became my obsession. A deadly one.

That woman is making me crazy, everything about her. Her fiery attitude, her face, those luscious lips, and that mouth-watering curves that I love to taste over and over again. Damn it! Why does she have to be the daughter of that son of a bitch?

I drink the glass empty and inform the bartender to hand me another glass, ignoring that deafening music and the noise of the people around me in that pub. I need to drink the night out so that I can finally go home and sleep. If I don't, I'm afraid I'll find myself knocking in Evie's mansion demanding for her to come back to me.

The thought of her hating me pains me to the core. A part of me wants to beg for her forgiveness, but what for? My plan won't change. I want the winery to be destroyed. Remembering how my mother wept for my father's death clenches my chest to the point of unbearable pain. If Evie's father is still alive until now, I could have destroyed him. But he's not, so all that I can do is demolish the winery.

As the night goes deeper, my senses start to dull. That's a sign for me to take my leave and make my way to my refuge. Paglabas ko ng bar ay ang malamig na simoy ng hanging panggabi ang sumalubong sa akin. Somehow that feels a bit refreshing and calming.

Just I am about to make my way towards the parking lot when I feel a cold metal touching the side of my forehead. Pakiramdam ko ang nahulasan ang kalasingan ko sa biglaang pangyayari. Napalunok ako kasabay ng paglingon sa kung sinumang tumutok ng baril sa akin.

Only to be shocked upon seeing Evie's twin brother, Jacob holding the gun with his hand on the trigger. This is the first time that I have met her brother face to face, and it seems that the man has an unforgettable way of making a first impression.

"I'm not a big fan of shotgun marriage, but if you put it this way, I'll say 'I do' even without a priest." Yeah, that's probably not a good way to start a conversation with a man who's holding a gun in pointed at your head.

Jacob take a step closer towards me. Naramdaman ko ang lalong pagbaon ng baril sa noo ko dahilan upang mapangiwi ako.

"Oh, you'll be seeing a priest all right. But trust me when I tell you that it is not for a wedding purposes." Madilim ang mukhang wika nito. Bago pa man ako makakilos ay naramdaman ko malakas na pagtama ng metal na handle ng baril sa batok ko.

I feel my body falling into the stone ground and several footsteps coming my way before completely losing consciousness.

The scent of metallic rust and the feeling of cold water slamming straight into my face is the first thing that registers on my mind as I slowly regain consciousness. Ipinilig ko ang ulo ko at saka idinilat ang mga mata ko upang malaman kong nasaan ako.

Feeling the water drenched my face, my first instinct is to wipe it with my hand. Para lang matigilan ako ng hindi ko magawang maigalaw ang mga braso ko. Napatingin ako sa kamay kong nakagapos ng lubid mula sa bakal na siyang nagsisilbing pundasyon nang kinaroroonan ko.