Chapter 14

Evie's P.O.V.

Make peace with your past so that it won't get a chance to destroy your future.

My father has probably never thought of that. I know that he hid the information with the intention to protect Henry, but what he did was just a temporary solution. Putting a band-aid to try patching a bullet wound was never a good idea.

Muli kong ibinagsak ang katawan ko sa kama kasabay ng paghugot ng malalim na hininga. The stress from all the things that happened in the past must have probably taken the toll on my mind and body. Now I feel so sick. Ipinatong ko ang braso ko sa noo ko upang bahagyang sanggain ang liwanag ng araw na ttumatagos mula sa bukas na bintana.

I feel like shit, but I have something important to do today that I can't just lay all day in the bed. Though, that idea feels tempting at the moment. I feel my stomach grumble, and the animal inside of me let out a hiss inside of me, making me feel dizzier than I already am.

Mabilis akong bumangon sa pagkakahiga at saka patakbong tinungo ang banyo ng madama ang pagbalikwas ng sikmura ko.

"Shit!" I hissed as I flushed the toilet and made my way to the sink to wash my face.

This is not good. I need to be at a certain place today, and I don't think feeling like shit isn't making this day easier for me. Matapos kong mag-ayus ay pinili ko ang bumaba sa komedor. Maybe tea and a good breakfast will help.

Pagbaba ko ay sakto namang kakatapos lang din maghain. Naabutan ko roon si Lydia na nagbabasa ng diyaryo. To my surprise, my brother Jacob and my sister in law is also in sitting in front of the table.

Napalunok ako. I didn't really expect my brother to be here. I wonder if the news about the company already reaches Saeree. I hope not. It's not going to be good news for any of us if my brother managed to get a hold of the information.

"Hey, good morning." Bati ko sa mga ito habang papalapit sa mesa.

My brother turns in my direction with a welcoming smile on his lips. However, in just a second, the smile on his lips vanished and was replaced with a frown as he gave me a questioning look.

"Good morning!" That was Clara, my brother's mate and the ex-fiancee of my younger brother. They have a controversial love story. It's complicated.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Nananantiyang tanong ni Jacob dahilan upang mapalunok ako.

I muster the most genuine nonchalant grin I can give to him.

"I don't know. You tell me." Balik ko rito saka inukupa ang upuan sa kabilang bahagi ni Clara. I want to be away from my brother as far as possible. We're twins, and lying to him is almost close to impossible. It's kind of hard given that most of the time, we can read each other's minds with just gestures and facial expressions.

Jacob's eyes linger on me for a way too long that it almost makes me almost uncomfortable.

"Give the woman a break, Jacob. She's not a ten-year-old that needs to report all her escapades to her older brother." Sita rito ni Clara.

Tinaasan ko ito ng kilay.

"We're twins. He's not older."

"Not true. I'm older by five minutes." Jacob argued with me, making me roll my eyes in the air.

"Hush, kids. It's not a good idea to argue over breakfast." Lydia put down the newspaper and turn to me. "You look a bit pale today, Evie. Are you sick or something?"

Napangiwi ako sa tanong nito. Being a werewolf means stronger immunity than humans. It's very rare for us to get sick unless it is a life and death situation kind of sickness.