Chapter 10

Evie's P.O.V.

I pick up the red lipstick from my dresser and trace the outline of my lips using it, creating an illusion of a bow shape fuller lips. The side of my lips lifts into a smirk of approval while staring at my own reflection. I am wearing a black silk satin mermaid evening gown. It is a V-neck cut, giving a great view of my cleavage with a slit in the middle part that shows off my legs every time I take a step forward. Sexy. Seductive. Dangerous.

I put the lipstick inside my small pouch for retouch later before turning on my heels. However, just when I am about to walk out of the room when a knock from the door makes me halt. Bahagyang kumunot ang noo ko kasabay ng pagpasok ni Lydia sa silid. She is carrying a small velvet box in her hand, and there's a smile of excitement on her lips, making me look at her with questioning eyes.

"You are going to love this." She crosses our distance and hands me the box. "Go on, open it."

Despite the confusion, I accept the box and open it. Only to let out a loud gasp of surprise upon seeing what is inside it.

"I can't accept this." I almost stuttered at that. Napalunok ako habang nakatitig sa kwintas. It is a dazzling white gold necklace with black diamonds on it. It looks vintagy like the one you can see in the museum from a royalty or something.

Lydia gives me a gentle smile as she takes the necklace from the box. She walks behind me and put on the necklace on my neck.

"Your father bought it for me in an auction. I told him I was going to keep it and give it to my daughter. It's yours now." She locks the necklace behind me. "See, it looks beautiful in you. It's like the necklace finally found its rightful owner."

She spun me towards the mirror to make me check out myself in it. My eyes immediately went down to my neck. My pale complexion makes a great contrast with the black diamonds, making them shine to their fullest.

"It's beautiful." Wala sa loob na wika ko habang nakakatitig sa salamin.

Lydia let out a smile of approval while looking at me.

"It is. And just like what I expected, it suits you so well." She reaches out for my arm and leads me towards the door. "Now, go. And enjoy the party."

I turn to her and give her the sweetest smile that I can muster. "Thank you."

I make my way outside the mansion and head to the outside where a black sedan is waiting for me. Arno lets out a toothy grin when he sees me emerging from the stairs. He opens his mouth to say something, but before he can even form a word, I already beat him into it.

"Comment anything about my appearance, and I'll give you a black eye before we even get to the party." I hissed at him.

He rolls his eyes on me but opens the door of the car nonetheless. The smile of amusement never left his lips even after closing the door. Napailing na lang ako. None of the assassins is used to seeing me in a dress, much more in an evening gown. They are used to seeing me holding a shotgun or something.

I get inside the car and make myself comfortable, ignoring that pounding inside my chest at the thought that I will set to meet my mate tonight. It's been almost five days now since I left his estate. Since then, I haven't seen him yet. The bastard didn't even make a move to talk to me or anything. And I don't know if I should be glad or disappointed with that.

I heave and focus my gaze on the carpeted floor of the car. Why I am even thinking of that puny human? That son of a bitch whom I can't decide whether to kick or to kiss once our path crosses again. Ipinilig ko ang ulo sa naisip. I am a hopeless case. I'm gonna blame it all on my wolf who marked him mindlessly.