Epilogue

Evie's P.O.V.

"Are you going to re-open the case?" Tanong ko kay Henry habang papasok kami sa mansion nito.

After the doctor informed me that I'm all patched up and that I can already leave the hospital, Henry didn't allow me to return to Saeree. He insisted for us to go back to Hager, where it is safe for me and the baby while I am still in the process of regaining my strength back. Jacob refused to let me go back to Saeree as well, and I cannot really stay in Ailhelm after what happened because my name is all over the newspapers and the internet after the accident.

Hager is a great escape where I can rest without being disturbed by the media in Ailhelm and avoid my chaotic life in Saeree.

Henry turns to me and releases a deep breath. He shakes his head slowly.

"I can't do that. It will create a lot of havoc with the press, and it will create huge damage in our family businesses." Sagot nito saka nagkibit-balikat. "How about you? Are you going to file charges against my mother?" Nanantiya ang tono ng tanong nito.

"I don't know. I'll probably need to talk with her about this."

"She just attempted to kill you, yet you still want to see her. You're fearless." He grinned.

Tinaasan ko ito ng kilay. "What to fear? I don't think your mother is capable of scaring me. I could have killed her men if not for that bullshit truck."

I don't really plan on filing a case against Henry's mother. Someone sending people to kill me doesn't surprise me anymore. But I don't really remember being in the court even once. I'm not the 'I'll see you in the court' type of person. Instead, I'm more of a 'see you in hell' type.

If Isobelle is not connected to Henry, she had probably met her maker the first night I woke up from a coma. But then, since she is my mate's mother. She got a free pass on that. However, I need to inform her that what happened is not to be repeated. I can't promise that I'll be forgiving the next time.

Inakbayan ako ni Henry at saka dinampian ng halik sa pisngi.

"Be careful next time. I know you are used to living a dangerous life. But I don't plan on being a widow this early." He said and walked beside me as we made our way up to the stair to his room. Nauna sa itaas ang butler nito upang ihatid ang maleta namin.

Napangiti ako sa sinabi nito kasabay ng paglingon sa kanya.

"You are not my husband."

"– yet. I'm not your husband yet." He corrected.

"And how sure are you I'm going to marry the man who kidnapped me, took advantage of me, and threatened to destroy our family business?"

"Because you love me, and you think I'm hot and attractive." His grin widened, full of confidence.

I open my mouth to say something, but before I can even form a word, his lips already crash into mine, trapping my thoughts inside my throat. My palm reaches for his shirt, clutching it so tightly between my fingers. My eyes close automatically, wanting to feel and refusing to see or even think.

I do love him, and I think he's hot and attractive. But there's no way in hell I'm gonna admit to that. He is conceited enough. Don't plan on adding more to his out of this universe confidence.

His arm encircles my upper waist and beneath my legs. My body rises from the floor, making me gasp in surprise. Henry takes advantage of it, deepening our kiss to the point that he is almost sucking all the oxygen out of me. I feel him walking in the direction of our room, yet I refuse to open my eyes and simply allow my mate to take the lead.