You Can't Leave Her Alone

Lynn burst through the door with her younger siblings behind her, all except Lucy who was taking time off from school until she fully recovered from her "accident".

"How was practice?" Luan asked.

"If I play even half as good as I did today we got the win locked!" Lynn announced excitedly. She looked around anxiously. "Where is Lucy?! Isn't it your time Luna?!"

"Relax dude, she's in her room." Luna sighed. "Rock stopped by today to see her before he left. He's heading back to school."

Lynn frowned. "And you left her alone after that?!" She yelled.

"She asked for some time alone!" Luan defended standing up from her spot on the couch with Luna.

"You can't leave her alone!" Lynn yelled then she rushed up the stairs, her siblings chasing after her, and burst through the door to her room. "Lucy!" She yelled.

Lucy looked up from her spot on the floor when the door opened allowing light into her darkness.

"See? She's fine." Luan stated. "Take a breather, Lynn."

Lynn flicked on the light to the room making it even brighter. She walked over to Lucy and plopped down in front of her on the floor. She held out her hand and gave Lucy a stern yet sympathetic look. "Give it to me." She stated.

"Sigh." Lucy looked down at her crossed legs in Indian style. "I wasn't going to do anything."

"I believe you, but give it to me anyway." Lynn said pointing at the palm of her right hand.

Lucy frowned. "Sigh." She reached down between her legs and pulled out a small black jewelry box.

"Wait- That's what all the fuss is about?" Luan asked chuckling.

Lynn sighed. "I'm not giving this back and if you have anything else I want you to give me it."

"Sigh.. That's all I have. I promise."

Lynn slowly stood up. "Okay, I'm choosing to trust you." She smiled.

"I don't understand what's going on and I have an IQ of 185." Lisa stated from behind Lincoln.

"Is everything okay, Lynn?" Lincoln asked cautiously.

"May I be alone in the dark now?" Lucy asked her older sister.

Lynn nodded. "Fine, but just remember I'm trusting you." Lynn ushered her siblings out of the room and closed the door behind her. "Never leave Lucy alone without checking in on her." She said tossing the small black box towards Luna and Luan.

Luna caught it in mid-air. "I don't get it, dude. What is so special about a little jewelry box?" She opened it up and gulped. "Oh.."

"What is it?! How many carats?! Is it gold or silver?!" Lola asked as she jumped up and down trying to see what was in the box her sister was holding. "Let me see it!"

"Is it from that creep?!" Lana chimed in trying to shove her more fashionable twin out of the way so she could see better.

Luna shook her head. "It ain't a ring, brah." She frowned. "Lynn, why didn't you take this earlier?"

"Don't blame Lynn." Luan sighed. "We should have been keeping a closer eye on her. If Lynn didn't come home when she did-" Luan frowned. "Who knows what could have happened with Lucy."

"Wait, what are you guys talking about?" Lincoln asked nervously. The conversation was starting to sound more ominous and he was getting a really bad feeling.

"But Lynn knew?!" Luna didn't want to blame Lynn, but the whole thing was becoming too upsetting and she needed to let her frustration out and Lynn was the closer target. Plus Lynn did know about Lucy's secret and she didn't tell anyone else which ticked Luna off more than she wanted to admit, but now it was all about to hit the fan. "How could you do nothing?! Why didn't you tell us when you found out?!"