𝐢𝐱. LACRIMOSA

▬▬▬ CHAPTER NINE ▬▬▬

First of all, IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! CinnamonBun (from Quotev) published "Black Roses", a fanfic that includes some of my characters so check it out! The first chapter's already been published!

Anyways, this is one instance where I HATE the fact that I have such a huge word count (6,500+ for this book at the moment). Like, I have soooo many ideas for Essie, Ethan, and Nico's adventures through Tartarus, but I'm finding out the hard way that it's STILL not enough.

I was hoping that I could have maybe 10+ chapters of their Tartarus adventures, but that's only manageable for me... if I did like 3,000+ words per chapter. I'm trying to spread my ideas out throughout as many chapters as I can, but it's so hard because I'd need filler scenes in order to reach my stupid fucking word count so I scrapped that idea. Plus, it would just feel unnatural and forced if I put random filler scenes. I wanna get straight to the plot, write about the important shit, and all that fun stuff.

So yeah, the trio's adventures through Tartarus probably won't take too many chapters thanks to my 6,500+ word count 🥲🥲🥲 Idk how many chapters it would actually take, but it definitely isn't gonna be 10+ like I originally wanted... 😞

EVEN ETHAN'S DREAMS WERE BEING invaded by the thought of Tartarus. He had hoped that he could just fall asleep and maybe dream of rainbows and ponies, but nooo he had to dream of this cesspool of pain and misery instead. Figures. 

He was standing back at the beach he, Esmerelda, and Nico had the misfortune to land in. The black little chips of glass dug under his shoes, but he felt almost weightless, like a ghost just drifting around. It was a telltale sign that he was having a regular demigod dream and it wasn't being tampered with by an evil Primordial goddess. 

Over at the side was the River Cocytus (or the River of Lamentation, whichever you preferred). It was a ribbon of dark blue waters that reeked of sulfur. It was a good thing they didn't land in there because according to Nico, it had a mind of it's own. Those submerged into the water would be filled with feelings of unbearable sadness to the point that they would actually try to commit suicide by drowning.

He had no idea why he was just standing here dreaming of the River Cocytus though. But then he saw it. The huge shadow hovering over him from behind.

He turned his back to the river and faced the owner of the shadow. 

"Oh come on," he sighed, dipping his head back in dismay as his shoulders dropped. "Another giant?"

Despite his lack of reaction, this particular giant... actually seemed kind of formidable (despite how ridiculous he looked). At least, compared to the other ones he saw.