What If... (Amnesiac!Essie)

This is a cute lil one shot I made about a "what if" scenario

This is a cute lil one shot I made about a "what if" scenario. In this scenario, after breaking her dad out of the Underworld, Essie is immediately transported by Hera to the cave where Percy sleeps. Her memories are erased alongside his and after graduating from the Wolf House, they're quickly being pursued by the Gorgons... and Ethan.

Alternative summary: Ethan's yandere meter cracks

Tread carefully because this is a dark oneshot. (Also cross-posted in the Church of Essie)

WARNINGS: Ethan, major character death, Ethan, noncon themes, Ethan, stalking, Ethan, voyeurism, Ethan, kidnapping, Ethan, drugging, Ethan, mentions of baby trapping at the end, aaaaand Ethan

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED :)

For all those people asking things like "I want Essie to break free of his abuse and just run away, can't u do that?" or "what if Essie realizes Ethan's crazy and leaves him?" or "when's essie gonna take off her rose colored glasses", here's what's gonna happen :)

This is my Thanksgiving present to you all! And for those who don't celebrate it, then consider it a random gift!

ESMERELDA HAD NO MEMORIES OF her life.

One day, she just woke up with this random dude called Percy (he was nice) in some creepy looking cave. They quickly learned that they were on the same page: no memories and strangely enough, no shoes either. Percy theorized that they had been taken to the evil lair of some foot fetishist, but thankfully, they were just taken to a broken down house full of disturbed children who were being led by an oversized wolf goddess.

Anyways, things didn't get any better after that. They spent months in that hellhole under the unforgiving gaze of Lupa, who trained and conditioned them alongside the other much younger children. Apparently, the gods existed too and she and Percy inherited some cool powers from their godly parent (not that they were allowed to use it though thanks to Lupa's stupid rules).

She was pretty sure the only thing keeping her sane was this one single memory she had. Or, well, it wasn't really a memory per se, but more like a piece of her past that she clung onto.

It was a name: Ethan. That was it. No last name either. She didn't know why, but that name alone left her feeling an intense emotion; a sort of longing and desperation that left her shaken. She tried to put a face to the name, but her mind would come up blank and her heart would be throbbing as if a thousand knives were stabbing into it.

Thinking about him hurt. She didn't know why, but she knew Percy didn't have that issue when he thought about that Annabeth girl. His lips would curl up into a smile any time he talked about her, whereas Esmerelda was left feeling like screaming and falling to her knees any time she thought about Ethan.