𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. WATERED DOWN

▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY SIX ▬▬▬

Guys I found the PERFECT song for Piper while listening to the radio. It's called "All Your Exes" by Julia Michaels and everything about it SCREAMS "Piper":

Here are the lyrics that remind me of her the most:

"I know where you've been, what you've done
Who you loved is a part of who you are
But that maturity ship sails when I hold you in my arms
There's a spot on your chest just for me, it's personally addressed
And anyone there before me should be a criminal offence"

"I want to live in a world where all your exes are dead
I want to kill all the memories that you save in your head
Be the only girl that's ever been in your bed"

"Spare your past life specifics, oh"

"Don't tell me to make nice, that I should try to empathize
I'm confident I've got them accurately demonized
You tell me not to worry, I'm the only thing you see
Well, yeah, I fucking better be"

ETHAN WAS GOING TO ABSOLUTELY murder these C-3PO wannabes and then dump their bodies into a metal shredder.

After his girlfriend, Hazel, and Frank were tasered, the two armored manikins came to life, cornering them with their swords.

He eyed the two manikins warily, sizing them up. He had a feeling they wouldn't be easy for him to destroy. These guys weren't made out of soft flesh and easy-to-sever arteries. They were machines, and not even the normal kinds that mortals create. These guys were made out of hard magical metals, and they were covered head to toe in even harder armor. He doubted that even Leo's fire would be strong enough to melt them.

On their right, the suit of armor with a lion's head helmet creaked its wiry neck and regarded Esmerelda, Hazel, Frank, who were still lying unconscious.

"A male and female demigod," said the Lion Head. "Esmerelda Black will do for the female. As for the male..."

He looked up, staring at Ethan. "The Earth mother insisted on you."

"Well you're not getting me," he practically snarled. "And you're not getting her either."

"That's fine," he said simply. "If we fail to capture you, there's still the back up. He is coming."

At first, Ethan thought he was talking about Frank or maybe even Leo—they were the only other male demigods in the room with them after all. But the last sentence caught him off guard. 'He is coming'? Did that mean the backup was someone else? Percy? Jason?