Chapter 9: Shy but Happy

(Morty's Pov)

After everything that happened with Echo and Team Rocket, it was heartbreaking seeing Echo struggle. It didn't seem like her friends were helping either by yelling at her cause all it did was make her cry and panic more.

I did the best I could to calm her down and even tho Team Rocket hurt her and her pokemon, she as able to defeat them and come back stronger than ever and I was so proud of her for doing that, that I finally mustered up the courage to kiss her and ask her out and she said yes...I couldn't be any happier.

The next day, I had a hard time sleeping because all on my mind was Echo. It was actually hard to focus on my gym because of her and it was strange because I never thought of a girl like that before she came along...but she's just different from everyone else and I liked that...

Anyways, I didn't do much throughout the day besides battle kids and whatnot. When it was time, I got ready for my date and I wanted it to be perfect for Echo. I wore my nicest clothes, bought her flowers and headed over to see Echo looking so beautiful wearing her baby pink dress with black cardigan, knee high socks and sneakers.

She looked very insecure wearing it tho but she was so beautiful. She blushed and smiled shyly as I gave her the flowers which she smelled and handed off to Misty. We said bye to the others then headed off to our date which I had lots planned.

Echo looked rather nervous which was cute, but I told her that it was just me and she had no reason to be nervous, but she was scared because this was her first date and she didn't want to mess it up and I reassured her that she wouldn't.

Our first stop was dinner because why not? I found this lovely diner for us to eat at as we headed in, found a booth and sat down. The waiter started us off with drinks as I wanted to know more about the Echo Summers. She says there not much to her, but I know that's a lie.

She told me where she grew up and how her parents didn't really give her the love and affection she deserved. She told me that they abandoned both her and her pokemon Teddiursa and their only source of love and affection were each other...

It made my heart hurt a bit knowing that this beautiful, smart, kind, caring, strong, wise and passionate girl grew up having to learn things on her own...having to do things a parent was supposed to teach you and growing up with no source of human love or affection...I mean who does that to a kid?

It was sad really, but Echo told me how she met Ash and the others and she really has come a long way from there, but she's still rather afraid and anxious all the time but within time things will get better and I want to be there for her every step of the way when doing so.

After dinner, we took a nice walk along the beach. Echo looked so beautiful with the wind blowing thru her and the sun slowly setting. Man she was just so beautiful and I wanted her to be mine. Echo looked like she was deep in thought which she technically was.