Chapter 3: Taking Risks and New Friends

(Echo's Pov)

On our way to Ecruteak City. I couldn't stop thinking about what Brock said 'sometimes you have to take the risk and it may be uncomfortable and it may be scary but if you don't take that risk, you're not going to get anywhere' I let out a small sigh as I held Teddy in my arms "Ursa-Ursa" Teddy said with a bit of concern.

I looked down at him and smiled a little "I'm okay Teddy" I said as I looked around seeing all kinds of small and cute pokemon, Caterpie's, Weedle's, Rattata's, Pidgey's, Spearow's...so many pokemon both below and above us...if you just look around or just really listen...there's pokemon all around...And any of them could be a new friend...

But I had Teddy and if I got another pokemon I don't want Teddy to be jealous and I don't want it to seem like I'm abandoning Teddy...there's just too much overthinking and consequences with each action I wanna do...

I shook my head a bit...I need to stop overthinking things and just fricken do it! It's not that hard, don't think, just do! "Hey, I'm getting tired and hungry, we should rest for a while" Ash suggested which snapped me from my thought's 'great timing, I could use the break to write a bit, haven't done that in a good while' I thought as the others smiled and nodded.

We headed over to a grassy field to set up lunch. Misty helped Brock, as everyone sent out their pokemon to stretch and relax. Ash was training some more and figuring out who his next opponent is which we all had no clue, but he was training and talking nonsense otherwise.

I sighed as I sat down to rest my legs a bit cause it sure is tireding walking all over the place everyday. I grabbed my bag and got out my notebook and pencil, I've been writing my thoughts and poems ever since my parents abandoned me...It helped a lot, Teddy's helped a lot too and the others of course but me being the shy person I am hate telling my feelings to them cause not only do I not like opening up, but I don't wanna feel like a bother and make them think differently about me..

I sighed as I opened up a new page to my notebook and thought for a moment about what to write about. I looked around seeing nothing but trees and grassy land for a few miles. I saw Misty and Brock talking and making Lunch and I saw Ash playing and training with his pokemon.

I smiled as I saw Teddy take a short rest by me. I smiled softly and pet his head as he leaned against me and slept peacefully. I took a deep breath letting in the cool fresh air. In times like this, is the easiest time I can write about...it normally just flows and I can think of things fast with a snap of a finger and it's really relaxing and makes me feel a bit better when I'm stressed and anxious.

"I'm too sensitive,
My heart is too soft.
Everyone else walks a straight path,
My path gets me lost,

I'm a pushover.
It's hard for me to say no,
Even when I've had enough,
I'll never say so.