Chapter 13: Boyfriend Comfort

(Morty's Pov)

After what happened yesterday between Echo and Team Rocket, I never felt more protective of Echo in my life. I mean she was my girlfriend so it's already implied that I'd be protective of her but when she got captured and hurt by Team Rocket, I was so afraid for Echo because after what happened last time between her and Team Rocket she got hurt so I was afraid of what would happen this time because Echo's too shy and innocent to handle anything they have to throw at her.

Once we saved her and her pokemon, we took everyone to the pokemon center to heal both her pokemon and Echo as well. While Ash, Brock and Misty took care of her pokemon and theirs. I headed to one of the back rooms to help Echo and her wounds.

Her body trembled in my arms from not only the pain she endured but from just how weak she felt. Once I bandaged up her wounds and got her dressed, she finally told us what happened, it broke my heart to see her in so much pain and I felt like such a bad boyfriend because I didn't know she was hurting.

We all told her that what Team Rocket said to her wasn't true and that she was amazing just the way she is. I even told her how amazing she truly, truly was and how special she was which made her cry some more but this time with joy which made us smile softly as we all had some dinner and got ready for bed because today has been such a long day and especially for Echo too so I hoped she would get a good night sleep.

However, once we started to sleep, I immediately woke up to Echo crying and screaming and that worried me. I tried to calm her down but it didn't seem like it was working until I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me. I told her to breathe before she passes out which made her hold onto my shirt and shake her head.

I said nothing and held her close while rubbing her head and back waiting for her to calm down. I rocked us back and forth and hummed softly just hoping she would calm down...I assumed she had a nightmare. I mean it would the most logical of explanations seeing as she had a rough time yesterday with Team Rocket and such so it was normal that she would have a nightmare.

Her pokemon also worried about her and came to comfort her as well which made her smile softly and finally calm down. I gently grabbed her chin and made her look at me which made her blink a few times. I gently wiped the tears from her face which her sigh a bit. I knew she'd be dehydrated from crying so I went to get her some water.

When I came back, I handed her the glass of water which made her drink all of it probably not realizing how thirsty she was. I just smiled softly and set the empty glass on the counter and brushed a strand of hair out of her face and asked what happened. She told me she had a nightmare which I knew what happened.

I asked her what it was about which made her not only bite her lip trying not to cry but she went and scratched at her arms which made my eyes widen as I held her hands seeing her red and broken skin on her arms which made her choke on sobs again.