Chapter 5: C-Crush at First Sight?

(Echo's Pov)

As we were heading to the Gym in Ecruteak City. It looked like an old burned tower, like it had been burned years ago "This is the gym correct?" I asked, "It says so on the guide, but this place looks like it had been torched a long time ago" Brock said as he touched the burned to crisp but still standing tower "let's go inside and check it out" Ash said,

My eyes widen a bit "I-I don't think that's a good idea" I whispered with a bit of fear, but no one seemed to hear me like always. I never was one to get in trouble or do things illegal and this seems illegal...not to mention scary "Ursa-Teddiursa" Teddy said bravely.

I smiled a little and nodded as I slowly trained behind the others. It didn't look completely ruined from the inside; it was a big tower tho...who knows what Pokemon could be lurking...I held Teddy tightly as we were wandering this tower for some reason.

I thought I heard something and looked around seeing it was nothing. As we were walking suddenly, flames appeared? How can this be? This is such an old building there's no way this is possible. We all screamed as we all downstairs to the basement. Even there, the flames appeared.

Ash and Misty send Totodile and Staryu to use Water Gun to douse the fire, but it looks like it wasn't working. But Totodile being Totodile danced closer to douse the fire, but with no effect? I was so confused on what the hell was happening.

Totodile comes into the flames and is not burned; Brock 'hmmed' and touched the flames as well "I see what this is. It's just an illusion" He stated, "I-Illusion?" I stuttered with fear, he nodded, "Some ghost type pokemon must be making these illusions" He said, "Why?" I asked and sighed...I would like to leave now...I hated this. Ash sends out his Noctowl, who uses Foresight, revealing the flames to be Gastly?

Why are the Gastly making us see illusions? Are they trying to protect the tower? If so, I wonder why? Gastly then decided to use Nightshade so Noctowl tackles them and Gastly retreat, but it come back with Haunter on their side. I felt so overwhelmed that I held Teddy tightly and breathed heavily while trembling a bit,

I also was never learned to get over my fear so yea this was terrifying...I hated the dark, I wasn't a fan of ghost type pokemon as most scared me and I was afraid of abandoned buildings like this and it collapsing on me or Teddy and the others and not being able to escape...and doing stuff illegal and we're in all 4 of those situations.

"Ursa-Ursa" Teddy reassured, which snapped me from my thoughts, I just smiled nervously and nodded as I also hid behind Brock who chuckled at my timidness. Ash had Pikachu use Thundershock, but the ghost pokemon disappeared and floated around us. Next a fricken Gengar appears from nowhere and Pikachu goes to attack it, but a guy comes downstairs and stops the fighting...

The Ghost Pokémon went to the guy 'they must be his Pokemon' I thought as I sighed a bit "Sorry about that. These guys were just protecting this tower" he stated, he called the ghosts off and came down towards us...My eyes widen as I took a good look at the guy...He was...cute.