Chapter 11: Insecure

(Echo's Pov)

The next day I fluttered my eyes open to the sun shining through the hotel bedroom. I sighed and groaned as I turned the other day just wanting to go back to sleep. With catching so many pokemon and training some more yesterday had me so exhausted.

I felt Morty beside me which made me smile softly and snuggle against his chest. I heard his chest rumble softly and arms tighten around my waist which made me feel warm and safe. Morty rubbed my head and back which made me feel drowse again and want to go back to sleep.

That was until Morty kissed my head "Time to wake up Darling. We can't stay in bed all day" He whispered, I groaned "Why not?" I asked, he chuckled "Well we gotta get going to the Gym to see Ash win his next battle" He stated, I sighed "But why can't we just stay here until they're done?" I asked and looked up at him.

Morty chuckled and caressed my cheek "Well I wanna see how well Ash does in his Gym battle" He said, I sighed "alright" I said, he chuckled and kissed my forehead and hopped out of bed and got dressed "I'll go make you some coffee" He said, I smiled softly and nodded as he headed out of the room and to the kitchen which made me smile softly and sit up.

I rubbed my face tiredly and hopped out of bed stretching and yawning. I looked seeing my pokemon sleeping around which made me giggle and smile softly "Everyone it's time to wake up" I said and gently shook everyone awake. They all fluttered their eyes open and looked at me which made me smile softly "come on everyone. Let's get some breakfast" I said,

They cheered which made me smile as I got dressed into blue jeans with a cropped hoodie. I brushed my hair and put it in a messy bun and slid on my shoes "Come on everyone" I said, they cheered and followed me out of the room and down to the kitchen seeing everyone was outside which made me smile softly and walk outside seeing Ash training, Misty taking care of her pokemon and Brock and Morty setting up breakfast.

Morty was first to notice me which made him smile and walk up to me "Ah there you are my darling. Just in time for breakfast" He said and handed me my mug of coffee which made me smile and thank him. I looked at my pokemon "go play with the others" I said, they cheered and went to play with the others pokemon which made me smile softly and sip my coffee. I walked up to the table where Brock and Morty where. They looked at me and smiled "Morning Echo. Did you sleep well?" Brock asked,

I smiled softly "I did. Thank you" I said, he just nodded "So now that you caught all your pokemon do you plan to train with them?" Brock asked, I thought for a moment "I might. I'm still not quite sure" I said with a shrug. Brock just nodded as I sipped my coffee and looked seeing my pokemon playing well with the others.

Once breakfast was ready, we all sat down, grabbed some food and began to eat and chat...well the others did...mainly Ash did about how excited he was for his gym battle today which I have no idea how that boy not only wakes up early and has so much energy but has the confidence and determination for battling...Couldn't be me.