Chapter 12: Nightmares

(Echo's Pov)

After what happened yesterday with getting captured by Team Rocket and wanting nothing more than to die. I was just so glad that I have amazing friends, pokemon and an amazing boyfriend who knew exactly how to make me feel so much better and happier...

I mean sure, I still felt like dead weight and insecure but my friends, pokemon and Morty were my home...they made me feel safe, protected and loved and that's all I ever wanted in life and these people know exactly how to give me that and I can't thank them enough.

Ash told me he won his battle between Jasmine which was great. Brock also said we could stay one more night here in Olivine City before heading off to Mahogany Town which isn't a far walk from here Brock said.

Plus, I was not only so exhausted but so weak as well from ya know...everything that happened so we all had dinner and got to stay at the pokemon center since they offer rooms and as soon as I hit the bed, I was out...I just hope I'm able to sleep well...

*Nightmare*

I fluttered my eyes open to nothing but the darkness which made me confused. I looked around but saw nothing, "H-Hello" I called out but heard nothing...the silence sure was...silent but it was also eerie too...I didn't like it...and my heart began to race because I wasn't liking how this was going to turn out...

I squeezed my eyes shit and pinched myself hoping to wake up but I couldn't...I opened my eyes hoping they would get used to the darkness, but all I could see was the dark...I didn't like it, I didn't like this..."H-HELLO!" I shouted a bit louder hoping something would just happen.

I could hear laughing in the distance which made me confused as I walked towards it. I wasn't sure where I was going, but I'm sure that laughter will lead me somewhere. Once the laughter got louder and I got closer to it, I looked seeing it was my friends.

I smiled softly and let out a sigh in relief "Guys, thank goodness. I thought this was going to be some terrible nightmare" I said, they just laughed "Hahahah did you really think we wanted to be your friend?" Ash said, my eyes widen "W-what?" I asked, "Yea I mean come on, you didn't really think we liked you did we?" Misty stated,

I felt a sting my heart and the tears welled up "G-guys?" I asked in a whisper, they just laughed "yea I mean we only allowed you to travel with us because we felt bad but that doesn't mean we're your friend. I mean look at you. Who would want to be friends with someone so complicated" Brock said which felt like a knife piercing my heart.

My bottom lip quivered as the tears fell from my face "Y-you don't really mean that" I stated, they just laughed and looked at me and I swear...they looked like ghosts...they looked so...dead, so soulless "Oh we do mean that I mean you're such a bother. You do nothing but drag us down" Misty said, "Not to mention you're just dead weight. We should've ditched you when we had the chance" Ash said, "Why don't you just get lost" Brock said,