Chapter 2: Another Day and Still Shy as Ever

(Echo's Pov)

I fluttered my eyes open to the sun shining thru the bedroom window. Me and my friends spent the night in a hotel, we each had beds since we slept on bunkbeds. I had top bunk and Misty got bottom, then Brock got the other top bunk and Ash got the bottom.

We were trying to head to Ecruteak City for Ash's next Gym battle, but we always get sidetracked by so many other things and let me just say running into new people suck. I hate being this shy and awkward, but I never got out as a child, I never had friends, I never got love nor affection from my parents.

My only source of love and affection is from my pokemon Teddiursa, he is literally the only thing keeping sane and normal...without him, I probably wouldn't have met Ash, Brock and Misty, I probably would've lived in my house forever despite the lack of love and attention and I probably would be mute...

I mean I feel like I technically am, I talk quietly and softly, I'm not one to yell and I rarely talk anyways unless Teddy needs me or my friends do but other than that I'm a silent sue.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love my friends and they have made me feel way better and way happier than I have ever been in 6 years and I can't thank them enough and thank Teddy enough for bumping into them cause without them I would have been way lonelier and more depressed than I am.

But my friends definitely made me smile, laugh and open up a lot more than I ever thought I would, and I can't thank them enough...I'm just still so shy and timid around them sometimes and even around so many other people...I never knew how to deal, handle or talk to people...because I've never been taught how...

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to make my parent's notice me but they never did...all they did was work, work and work, they never fed me, never once realized that 'oh I have a daughter I should check on' I tried getting the best of grades in school and tried to do so many other things to get their attention but it was never enough and it never did anything...

Sure, they might've taken care of me when I was a baby or hire babysitters but when I was 10 and able to take care of myself, that's when they just stopped caring and loving me...No matter how much I cried, how much I begged for them to love me and pay attention to me...they never did...

I was so depressed that I didn't want to leave my house nor room ever again so for the next 2 years, I stopped going to school, I stopped leaving my room, I never slept, I always cried, I had nightmares...it was just awful...that was also when Teddy didn't get attention from my mother either and he came to check on me and he made me so happy so by that time. I packed as much as I could, and I just left.

I didn't know where I was going and frankly, I didn't care but I didn't want to be in a house with people who didn't care about me. So me and Teddy left to start our Journey and that's when Teddy wandered around and bumped into Ash, Brock and Misty and that's when we became friends. Now 6 years later, here we are.