Chapter 4: Shy and Timid

(Echo's Pov)

I fluttered my eyes open groggily to the sun shining thru the bedroom window. I sighed and groaned as I covered my face with my hands, trying to block out the sunlight. I heard my Pokemon talking which made me smile as I blinked a few times and looked at them "Good Morning guys" I said,

They smiled which made me smile as I sat up and rubbed my face tiredly and yawned. I looked at my phone seeing it was a little after 9am. I sighed as I hopped off my bed and stretched a bit. I held out my arms so Teddy and Rubix could get down.

They jumped in my arms which made me giggle as we headed out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen not seeing the others assuming they would be outback again. I smiled softly and headed outside greeted by the warm sun and cool air.

I took a deep breath as I looked around seeing Ash training again, Brock making breakfast and Misty helping. I looked at everyone's Pokemon to see they all looked so happy and so did my friends.

I know deep down I am happy too, but my shyness and timidness gets in the way of everything and I feel like it'll always get in the way meaning I won't fully be happy unless I take risks and get out there but...life just holds me back and I don't know how to not let that happen.

I guess there's still a lot of stuff I have to work thru my own but...it's been 6 years...and it's exhausting and tireding and I don't know how to do it alone and being alone sucks and even tho I have friends, I feel like they just don't truly understand the pain and loneliness I felt my entire life and only having my source of affection be my pokemon.

Then again, sorting thru years of pain by yourself and not having really anyone to help is exhausting and it gets very lonely. I love my friends don't get me wrong, but they've never been in my situation.

Ash has a loving mother and lots of friends, Misty has loving sisters and Brock has an amazing family with loving siblings and parents...I had none of that love, none of that affection, none of the fun everyone else had...I was sad, depressed and extremely lonely...

But I didn't think I would get this far in life...I honestly didn't know what I had plan for my life, but then I bumped into my friends and I'm happy, the happiest I have been in years but there's still that little flashback of the past.

Then my shyness gets in the way of everything and it sucks, I wish I could be confident and fearless like my friends but I'm not, that's not how I grew up to be...I'm just too shy and timid for this world..." Echo" I heard Misty say which snapped me from my thoughts, I blinked a few times and let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I set down my Pokemon as they went to go play "Echo are you okay?" Brock asked, I looked at them and smiled and nodded "You seemed to have spaced off" Brock mentioned as he handed me a cup of coffee, I just smiled a little and thanked him as I sat at the table "Yea I was uh just thinking of some things" I said and rubbed my head,

Brock and Misty looked at each other with confusion if not concern "what things?" Misty asked, my eyes widen a bit as I sipped my coffee "O-oh just l-life and such" I said smiling nervously, they just nodded and didn't say anything else.

After Brock finished Breakfast, we all fed our Pokemon, sat at the table, grabbed some food and ate ourselves. We talked about random things which was Ash rambling about how he's going to defeat the next Gym Leader and get his 5th badge...

After breakfast, we cleaned up, packed our things and headed to Ecruteak City which was not far from where we were. Ash was so pumped and excited for his battle that he ended up running the rest of the way which made us chase after him...I wish I had his confidence and spirit...too bad...I don't think I ever can.

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I ran with Teddy in my arms and chased down the others. When we got to Ecruteak City, I was not only out of breath, but Teddy is heavier than he seems and he's not very light and I'm weak as hell, so it was hard to run with him and run at the same time.

I managed to catch up with the others and breathed heavily "jesus guys, next time can you slow down please?" I asked, they smiled apologetically "Sorry Echo" They said, I just sighed and rolled my eyes as I looked around the older looking city and smiled "Wow, this City is cool" I said "This city has value traditions which is why it looks older, not to mention this city has been around for centuries" Brock stated,

My eyes widen a bit "Wow that's very cool. I wonder what kind of stories there are about this place" I said and looked around seeing lots of people, buildings, a Pokemon center and such. I may be a shy and timid girl, but it doesn't mean I'm not passionate with things. I love hearing amazing Pokemon stories about historical buildings or stuff about mysterious Pokemon. I'm a breeder afterall, why wouldn't I enjoy a good poketale about great cities?

I could've done more with my life then become a breeder, but growing up the way that I did and having to sort thru a lot of trauma...it's just now who I became to be...I wish it was tho...and there may be hope that I can be more than this shy and timid girl but then again...I'm just too shy and timid to do so...but a girl can dream right?

(Eh short and shitty chapter but enjoy!)

(1034 Words)