Chapter 18: I Love You

(Echo's Pov)

I fluttered my eyes open the sun shining through the bedroom window. I sighed and looked at the time seeing it was 8am which made me groan a bit. I then remembered we were on the cruise ship heading to the Hoenn region which instantly woke me up.

I smiled softly as I sat up and rubbed my face tiredly. I stretched a bit and looked seeing Morty wasn't by me which made me tilt my head a bit. I looked seeing my pokemon weren't here either which I'm going to assume Morty went and fed them. I smiled shyly and hopped out of bed and stretched and yawned again before heading out of the room and to the cafeteria seeing other passengers eating and doing their own thing.

I looked around trying to find the others which thankfully is easy because Teddy is now over 6ft tall so it's not hard to spot him around. Once I spotted him eating with the others, I giggled softly and walked over seeing Ash, Morty and Brock just chatting. They looked at me and smile "Well, well, well the princess has finally awoken" Brock teased,

I rolled my eyes "it's 8am" I stated, they chuckled as Morty got up and kissed my head and went to get me coffee I'm assuming which made me smile softly. I took a seat across from the boys "How'd you sleep Echo?" Ash asked, I smiled softly "Good. How about you two?" I asked, they smiled "good" they said,

I smiled and nodded as Morty came back and handed me a cup of coffee which made me smile shyly and thank him as he sat next to me "Now that we're all here. How about we eat before heading over to the Lab?" Morty suggested,

We all cheered and nodded as we got up and went to get some of the food the cruise provided which was really good. I mean it's not Brock's cooking but it was still good, nonetheless. Once we got our food, we went back to our table and sat down and began to eat and chat.

We all talked about what we were going to do in this region and who we might bump into and then of course Brock went on a rant about pretty girls which made me chuckle and shake my head because he's such a womanizer I swear...But I was just happy I get to spend this trip with the people I love.

After we all finished eating, we returned our pokemon before heading back to our rooms to change and pack up. After that, we hopped off the ship greeted by the bright sunlight, blue cloudy sky, cool breezy wind and new bird pokemon from what I could see.

It looked absolutely breathtaking and I genuinely felt blown away from how beautiful this new city is and it felt like this new weight was lifted off my shoulders...it was hard to explain. I guess it's the new city because I've never really traveled anywhere outside of the Johto region and I grew up there and my house is there so I guess being in this new city and knowing I'm far away from a home I never called my home and imagining that I'm much happier than my so called parents so it makes a lot of sense but it just felt so...relieving to experience this.

I felt Morty intertwine his fingers with mine which made me blush softly "You alright darling?" he asked, I smiled softly and nodded "perfect" I said, he smiled and kissed my head which made me giggle as we walked to the pokemon center to not only stay for the night but heal our pokemon from the long cruise ride.