4 - woah, pretty colors!

[stefaniya's pov]

The team is still sitting around the conference table, except now the table is littered with takeout boxes of Chinese food. I'm sitting on the sofa at the side of the room, Natasha sitting next to me with her feet in my lap. Yardstick has even joined in, pawing around a toy mouse on the floor.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag,"
Rocket says from where he's standing on the table.

"Is that a person?"
Bruce asks.

"No, Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

"Like, a planet? Like in outer space?"
Scott raises his eyebrows, shoving some noodles into his mouth. Rocket pats Scott's head.

"Oh, look. It's like a puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

I laugh, choking on her lemonade. Natasha grins at me, wiping a drop of lemonade from my chin with a napkin.

We take a break after Rocket finishes presenting and Natasha and I take Yardstick up to our rooms to relax.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you,"
I hand Yardstick off to Natasha when I see Thor sitting in the living room.

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you more."

I walk over to the couch and plop down.

"Hey, there."

"Hello, Lady Kotova."

"Stefaniya, please."

"Lady Stefaniya. I don't believe we've formally met yet,"
he smiles.

"You're right, we haven't."

He holds out his hand, which I take.

"Thor, Son of Odin."

"Stefaniya, not really the son of anyone."

Thor laughs.
"I like you."

"Are you okay, Thor?"

He looks at me sadly.
"Is anyone, these days?"

"Right."

Thor goes for another sip of beer and I put my hand out, stopping the can in front of his mouth.
"We'd appreciate having your full focus right now, Thor."

"Ah, I apologize."
He hands me the can.

"Hey,"
I take his hand.
"This wasn't your fault."

"Thanos was right, I should have gone for the--"

"No. You did what you had to do, and yeah, it didn't turn out right. But we have a chance to fix it now. So stop beating yourself up about it. You are Thor freaking Odinson, God of Thunder."

"I am Thor Odinson, God of Thunder,"
he puffs out his chest, his voice sounding more sure.

"Yeah! And nothing can bring you down. But if it ever does, you have all of us here to support you. And we're going to save the world."