The Agrabah Desert

While Sora, Hikari, Donald and Goofy continues their journey, Maleficent was walking with Jafar in Agrabah. "Still talking about that errand boy of yours... the chubby cat, Pete?" Jafar asked Maleficent. "Whatever is between him and the King is nothing personal."

	"Indeed

"Indeed. Pete doesn't have to worry about King Mickey and his fools as long as he stays focus on collecting Heartless for my army," Maleficent said. "And the Keyhole?"

"The Heartless are searching for it now," Jafar replied. "I'm certain we'll find it soon enough. So that just leaves..."

Their conversation was interrupted by Jafar's pet parrot, Iago.

"Jafar!" Iago cried. "I've looked everywhere for Jasmine. She's disappeared like magic!"

Jafar frowned. "The girl is more trouble than she's worth."

"You said you had things under control," Maleficent said in an angry tone.

"Agrabah is full of holes for rats to hide in," Jafar replied. "But why worry about Princess Jasmine? With her or without her, surely this world will be ours when we find the Keyhole."

"We need all seven princesses of heart to open the final door," Maleficent reminded. "Any fewer is useless."

"Well, if the princess is that important, we'll find her," Jafar said as summon his Heartless. "Find Jasmine and bring her to me at once."

As the Heartless left with Iago, Maleficent warned Jafar, "Don't steep yourself in darkness too long. The Heartless consume the careless."

"Your concern is touching, but hardly necessary," Jafar laughed.

Soon... the two were unaware that Princess Jasmine was overhearing their conversation and ran back to the alley to find a better hiding place. While hiding, she saw Sora, Hikari, Donald and Goofy arriving. "Who's there? Hello?"

Sora saw Jasmine coming out of hiding. "Hey. I'm Sora. And this is my adopted sister Hikari, and my friends, Donald and Goofy. Who are you?"

"I'm Jasmine," Jasmine. "My father is the sultan of Agrabah."

"Uh... So that makes you a princess," Goofy said.

"Hey! I'm a princess—" Hikari covered her mouth.

"No, Hikari! Don't tell her!" Goofy cried.

Jasmine raised her eyebrow in confusion as Sora spoke, "So what happened to your father?"

"He has been deposed by Jafar, who now controls the city," Jasmine answered.

"Jafar?" Goofy looked surprised.

Jasmine nodded as she continues explaining. "You haven't heard of him? He's the royal vizier. He's gained evil powers and seized Agrabah. He's desperately looking for something—something he calls the "Keyhole." Jafar caught me trying to escape, but he helped me."