Chapter 42.

Ed's POV

Once I hear the shower start, I sneak over to the outside of the bathroom. Usually, she takes showers when I'm not around, but now I'm here and I'm hoping she sings in her showers.

After about a minute of keeping my ear on the door, I hear her voice at a very quiet tone. She's too quiet to tell what she's singing, or even just how she sounds yet. So I'll wait and hopefully she's get louder.

After justa few more minutes, I hear her voice gain power and get louder. If I was in our room, I still wouldn't be able to hear her, but from here I hear her great. It takes me only a second to recognize the song she's singing.

"She lives in the shadow of a lonely girl,

voice so quiet you don't hear a word.

Always talking but she can't be heard."

I think that's Little Me by Little Mix. I don't really listen to them only because they're not my style, but they are pretty good and are all over the UK radio stations.

As I listen more and more, her voice gets more confident. I feel bad spying like this, but I've been dying to hear her sing. She's amazing, and I hve to admit, her voice i perfect for a girl band song like the one she's singing.

Right when she finishes the song, the water turns off making my eyes grow wide in shock. She showers fast. I race back to our room and take out my laptop whilst laying on the bed. Clicking open YouTube, I pretend as if I was here the whole time.

Moments later, she walks back in in and new set of cloths and a towel around her hair. "Hey Teddybear, what're you doing?" She asks sitting down next to me and scrubbing her head with the towel to dry it off.

Meredith's POV

"Oh you know, just watching YouTube." He says suspiciously showing me the screen of his laptop. It says MarcusButler with a piture of him. I do love Marcus, but Ed is hiding something.

"Mhm." Is all I say, letting him know that I know something is up. Jumping up from the bed and combing my hair out with my fingers, I turn towards the door. "I'm going upstairs, I'll probably end up talking to my dad. You want to come?" I ask.

"Sure." He says still on edge, but following me.

We walk out into the kitchen upstairs to be greated by Graham eating soup that was left on the counter. "Graham!" I yell running over and picking him up with one arm and emptying the bowl with the other. I can hear Ed silently laughing from behind me.

"Teddy, don't mock me." I scold placing Graham on the ground and following Ed into the living room. My dad is sitting on the couch watching soccer with Ollie.

"Wow, I leave for half a day and you already replace me?" Ed says covering his heart with his hand and forcing out a fake gasp. "I thought we were best mates."

"We are, but Meredith's dad id cool." Ollie defends holding his hands up in surrender. "Shannon is in the shower, Jade is asleep because she worked late last night, Jasmine desn't enjoy football as much as us, and you two were preoccupied." Oliver says as if we were doing something bad.

"I was joking Ollie geez. I went with Meredith to see her dance becuase I have an interview during her competition tomorrow." Ed laughs. He sits down in the big fluffy one seater chair and I manage to squish on with him, cuddling into his side.

"So, what time is the competition tomorrow?" My dad asks from the larger couch next to Oliver.

"I think it starts at 5:00 tomorrow, but I'm not the first dancer up. Plus I have to be there by 4:30 to get ready." I answer only moving my head to look at him because my body is too comfortable with Ed to move.

"In the morning?!" He asks. He might have changed for the better, but one think that will never change is his hatred for waking up early.

"No, in the afternoon." I laugh. Five in the orning is way to early for me, like my dad hates mornings more, but I'm really grumpy in the mornings unless something really exiting is happening that day.

"Good, you know how I feel about mornings. It's bad because Shannon is a really big morning person." He says with a suttle chuckle behind his voice. I have to say I missed that chuckle, even though I hated my dad for a few years, he's really trying and making a comeback right now. Especially since he's having another baby, like a second chance.

"Well, the more I think about it, the more nervous I get. I pracitced like crazy for this, but without you there I feel like I'm going to do horrible." I say burrying my face into Ed's chest with a whine.

Ed's POV

"Don't worry Merebear. Literally everyone on the internet is cheering you on, you'll do amazing with or without me there. Just think of it like one of the competitions you had before we met, you didn't need anyone then." I say trying to sooth her nerves. What she doesn't know is that I'll be there.

I have a huge set up planned for tomorrow. Right before she goes on stage, I'll come out into the audience and sit in the front row so she'll see me when she stars dancing. Then when her amazing routine is over, I'll ask her my question. Don't worry, I'm not asking for her to marry me. (A/N Yet *winky face*)

The best part is, Amy did set up an interview for me. Well, not just for me and not tomorrow. She set up an interview with some british show I can't remember for the day after Mere's competition, with Meredith. Just like we talked about before, a couple intrview.

"Okay, well I get nervous for every dance, not just this one. But this one is bigger and better and there are just way to many things to think and worry about." She bursts out rambling.

"It might be a lot bigger competition, but that means you do that much better." I reply rubbing her back and kissing her forehead. If only she knew what I had planned.

**************************************

So don't wipe your eyes, tears remind you you're alive. It's alright to die, 'cause deaths the only thing you've ever tried. But just for tonight; hold on.Guess the song

*************************************

^^^^^^^^

Running out of Teddy songs to do. Noooooooo.

Thank the lord for National U.S. voting day so we had the day off today. And bless all you wonderful people for reading my book. Bless Meredith for being Meredith (the real one). And bless Teddy for being a perfect human being.

Love you all.    -Hadley<3