Chapter 13

Jess's POV

Okay so... I've had my eyes on JJ But I still felt like there was a hole in my stomach an emptiness that can't be filled.
Hayes.
Hayes was the whole and now that he is as happy as can be with someone else what am I supposed to do? I mean i could hangout with JJ more but then id just be a creep. Then I remember Madison gave me her phone number. I pulled the slip of paper out of my pocket and typed it in my phone, texting Madison. I thought for awhile then decided on three simple words.

To: Madison

Wanna hangout soon?

Almost immediately I got a reply.

From: Madison

I would love to! Are you busy now? Maybe we can go to the mall!

I honestly wanted to hangout with Madison. Yeah she was mean to me but I can forgive and forget. Plus she seems like a really cool person. After a few minutes of mentally checking that I have no plans I texted her back.

To: Madison

Yeah I can come would you like to go now?

She responded with a quick yes and I got up and left for the mall. Since I was only a few blocks from the mall I decided to walk and not call somebody to drive me. I heard my phone ding and saw I had a missed call from 10:38 A.M. Lizzie called. Wow I haven't talked to her in ages. Literally ever since we moved I've hung out with Kian and she stayed at Matt's house. So we bought an apartment for nothing. Nobody sleeps there and we still pay monthly. We should really sell it. Well technically I should I'm the one who payed.
By the time I pushed my thoughts away I was at the mall I texted Madison and told her to meet at PacSun since she was already here. I feel a little weird hanging out with her if you know what I mean. Anyway I'm sure it will be fine. Right? What's the worst that can happen?
"Hey Jess!" Madison said knocking me out if my thoughts
"Oh Hey Madison!" I hugged her and we made our way out of PacSun.
"So.. Jess why did you decide to text me. I mean I'm glad you did but I was always mean to you." She said with guilt.
"I'm over it. Forgive and forget. Right?"
"Right!"
Madison and I shopped for a few hours. Then as we were leaving my phone buzzed. I was getting a call from JJ. I couldn't help it but I started to blush hardcore.
"Hello" I greeted.
"Hey umm Jess. What are you doing?" he asked nervously.
I wonder why he is so nervous.
"Right now I'm leaving the mall. Why?"
"Well I was wondering so maybe we can hang later. Sound good?"
"Yeah that sounds great actually!"
"Good I'll pick you up at 6 and we can go somewhere."