Chapter 10

Hayes's POV

I got a call from Matt 20 minutes after he ran to look for Jess. It's probably nothing but I answered anyway.
"Hayes I need you and all the guys to come to the hospital 6 miles from the restaurant." Matt said with worry in his voice.
"Why?" I asked annoyed.
"Jess I found her blacked out at a park down the road. She hasn't woken up yet please get down here."
"Why should I care this is probably a stupid act so I feel bad."
"IT'S NOT A FUCKING JOKE GET YOUR ASS TO THE HOSPITAL HAYES AND HAVE SOME RESPECT!" Matt yelled then hung up.
I put my phone in my pocket and told all the guys that we needed to go. They got up and hauled a cab since we didn't bring our cars.
"So Hayes you better told us the reason we are going to the hospital." Nash said blankly.
"Well Matt found Jess blacked out at a park. Then told me to come down to the hospital with you guys. I highly doubt that this isn't a way to get attention." I told him crossing my arms.
"Ya know what Hayes you aren't going anywhere in life with that attitude and you dated Jess. You should at least have some sympathy towards her, or are you to busy eating Madison's face everyday trying to forget!" He yelled with frustration.
We arrived at the hospital and got to Jess's room. Matt said she woke up and told him what happened. I walked into the room and my mind flooded with memories from when we were dating and she was in the hospital. I admit that I miss her but I doubt she misses me. She has Kian and Matt at her every need. I stayed my distance from the bed and watched as all the guys talked to her making her laugh and smile. I just wish that was me I would be the happiest guy on earth if we dated again. I don't know why I'm such a douche to her. Maybe I have more feelings for her than Madison and I'm trying to hide them. But then again I like this other girl. Ugh Jess doesn't deserve this. I'm literally just making her life living hell. I looked over at Jess in the hospital gown with short sleeves, earlier she was wearing a sweater and black skirt. It was a pretty outfit but its 82 degrees out and it looked heavy. I looked over at her again and saw marks on her wrists. Did I do this to her? Is this my fault? A few minutes later a nurse came in and escorted us out of the room. She said she was going to stitch up Jess's arms. I smiled at least now they will heal faster. But I'm still the one who caused her this amount of pain. I really hate myself.