Chapter 14

Jess's POV

So in an hour JJ is picking me up for our 'date'. Which is really just hanging out since he probably doesn't like me. Anyway I wanted to look cute but casual so I threw on a skater skirt some knee high socks and a crop top. I looked in the mirror and felt satisfied with myself so I went down stairs where the guys were.
"So Jess why are you so dolled up?" Jc asked with a smirk.
"I'm not can't a girl where a skater skirt and crop top around here without being called 'dolled up'?" I remarked.
"Point taken. Anyway I heard you're going out with Johnson tonight."
"Yupp!" I said and started to blush. I don't know why but that boy has powers over me.
Jc and I were watching tv since there was a few til JJ would be here. I was so scared and anxious I wanted everything to be perfect and this actually be a date and not a 'hangout'.
"Hey Jess liver boy is here." Jc said as he peeked out the window.
Just as he finished saying that the doorbell rang and Jc jogged to the door to get it.
"Hey Johnson! What's up?" Jc did a brohug with him invited him in.
"Well I'm here to pick up Jess actually." JJ said rubbing the back of his neck.
I walked into the room and said hi then we both left into the beautiful night sky. Johnson led me to his car where he told me we were headed tithe beach and honestly I can't wait. The beach is the one place I feel relaxed.
"The beach always looks so pretty at night." I said in awe.
"Yeah it's beautiful just like." JJ looked down blushing.
"That was so cheesey." I laughed.
"But it's true."
Now it was my turn to blush. And I kept blushing for few minutes since JJ reached for my hand and laced them together. We walked along side the water just like in romance movies.
I placed my head on his shoulder as we walked. I really liked tonight I don't think anything can ruin it.
But I thought wrong moments later I got a phone call.
"Hello?" I said
"J..Jess." I heard Emily crying.
"Oh my gosh Emily! Are you okay?!?" I said worry written all over my voice.
"No... I saw Hayes with another girl they were making out. I thought he loved me." she cried harder.
"Where are you?"
"I'm at your house I wanted to see if you were home and since my tears are making my vision blurry Kian won't let me leave."
"Okay I'll be there as soon as possible okay? Love you Em."
After that I hung up the phone and told JJ what had happened.
I really just can't believe Hayes would do that I mean earlier they were all lovey dovey. Was that just an act or..?
I pushed that thought out of my head because that really doesn't seem like the type of person to do that. Once we got to the house I told JJ if he wanted he can leave. So I kissed him on the cheek and ran inside to find Emily. Moments later I found her curled up in a ball, crying so hard she was shaking. I came in and hugged her. Seeing her cry makes me cry and I need to stay strong for her.
"I..I. can't believe he did that t...to me I thou.....thought he loved me." she cried.
"Shhhh sh sh sh. It's okay I'll run to the store and buy movies, cookie dough and ice cream and you can stay here tonight." I suggested.
"Okay." she wiped her years and smiled.
I grabbed my keys and walked to the door grabbing my purse on the way.
I got in my car and was off to target. While I was at regret I got a gallon of chocolate Reese's ice cream and a tin of cookie dough. I decided to get three movies that were our all time favs. Mean Girls, Pitch Perfect, and 21 Jump Street.
On my way into the house I got a call from the one person whom I can't tolerate at the moment.
Hayes. What does he want now?

Dedicated to @magconstory__