Ch. 9 You are making my friend uncomfortable

Evelyn reenters her Spanish class, and she goes to sit down at her desk. She turns her gaze slightly to the left, and her sapphire blue eyes intently stared at Bella.

" I wish you weren't my sister!" Bella's voice echoed within Evelyn's thoughts.

Evelyn's sapphire blue eyes narrowed as she bitterly looks away.

" Hey. How is your sister doing?" Angela softly asked, looking and sounding concerned since she felt sorry for what her new friend's sister is going through.

Evelyn turns her gaze to Angela, and she stares at the other female with a conflicting expression.

" My sister is feeling much better," Evelyn faked a smile since her heart is hurting that Bella does not want her as a sibling.

Angela worriedly stared at Evelyn since she could sense that something is troubling the other female, but she decided not to say anything until her new friend is ready to speak to her.

An hour later, the school bell ring, and the first period ended, and all of the students started to pack up their belongings into their backpacks.

" Hey, want to walk to our next class together?" Angela kindly asked.

Evelyn softly smiled at Angela, and she nods her head in response.

Before Evelyn and Angela could leave the classroom, Evelyn turns her head back, and she sees Bella with her backpack over her shoulder.

Evelyn's sapphire blue eyes intently stared at Bella's chocolate brown eyes.

Angela silently stared at the two sisters, and she frowns since she could sense a tension between the two.

Bella looks away as she walks past Evelyn, and she leaves the classroom to get to her second period.

' Now she wants to ignore me as though I do not exist. I see how it is,' Evelyn bitterly tells herself.

" Evelyn?" Angela calls out, looking and sounding concerned.

Evelyn turns around, and she softly smiled at Angela.

" Let's get going. I do not want us to be late for class," Evelyn hugs Angela's arm, and the two females walk out of the classroom.

" Evelyn. I know we just started being friends. But, if you ever needed someone to talk to, I am here for you," Angela kindly tells Evelyn as they walked towards their second period.

Evelyn's gaze softened since she could see that Angela is a sweet girl.

" Thanks, Angie," Evelyn whispers.

Angela softly smiled at Evelyn as the two quickly head to their second period.

Four hours later, the school bell rings, and the fourth period has ended. Evelyn and Angela walked out of their classroom as they begin to head to the cafeteria.

" Hey, Evelyn!" A familiar masculine voice calls out to Evelyn, causing the two females to stop walking.

" Hm?" Evelyn hummed a response, and she turns around to see Mike running in her direction with Eric and Tyler following behind him.

" Heading to the cafeteria?" Mike asked once he reached Evelyn and Angela.

" Yeah. Angela was about to show me where it is," Evelyn responded.

" Cool! Cool!" Mike widely smiled.

" Hey! You can sit at our table," Eric pitched in as he wraps his arm around Mike's shoulder, causing the other male to glare at him.