Ch. 15 Would you like to be friends with me?

Thirty minutes later, Evelyn and Garrett arrived at Forks Outfitters Thriftway. The two got out of the truck and walked toward the carts. Evelyn grabbed a cart, and she turned her gaze to Garrett, seeing him grab some shades from his coat pocket and wear them to cover his ruby-red eyes.

" Ready?" Garrett asked.

Evelyn nods her head in response. She looks away and walks towards the market with Garrett walking beside her. The two stepped inside, and they looked at their surroundings.

" If being in a placed filled with humans makes you uncomfortable, I understand if you want to leave," Evelyn glanced at Garrett.

" I ate earlier. So, I'm good," Garrett reassured.

" Okay," Evelyn amusingly stared at Garrett. She looks away and walks toward the fruits and vegetable section.

Garrett puts his hands in his coat pocket and silently follows Evelyn. He watched the shorter female eye all the red apples.

" So, what exactly will you get in this place?" Garrett asked. He sees Evelyn grab a bag and put some red apples in the plastic bag. However, one escaped her grasp and was about to fall to the floor, but he caught it.

" The necessities like fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, etc.," Evelyn responded. Her sapphire blue eyes blinked when she saw Garrett holding a red apple to her. " Thank you," She grabs it and puts the red apple in the plastic bag.

" Why do humans like to get so much stuff?" Garrett asked. His ruby-red eyes stared at a couple, and he saw the cart get filled with so much food and beverages.

Evelyn glanced at the couple. " So we can survive," She responded. She looks away and continues to walk, filling the cart with different fruits and vegetables.

" Do you remember your human life? Your town must have had markets?" Evelyn asked. " I remember all you told me is that you were part of the American Revolution as a Patriot and that you hate the British with a passion," She glanced at Garrett.

" That's correct, Little Lady! I was a Patriot, and I still hate the British passionately. However, I don't remember much of my human life," Garrett responded. " I only remember what I was doing before I became a blood-sucker, and that was fighting in a war and getting wounded in battle. But, someone thought I was dead and decided to drink my blood. They didn't know that I was alive the whole time!" He widely grinned.

Evelyn's sapphire blue eyes intently stared at Garrett's ruby-red eyes. Sometimes, she wonders if Garrett was a chaotic guy when he was human. Even though she has known him for almost two years, she has always wanted to ask if he liked transforming into a vampire.

" Did you enjoy transforming into a vampire?" Evelyn softly asked.

Garrett rubbed his chin.

" I felt like I was in everlasting Hell," Garrett responded.

Evelyn warily stared at Garrett.

" I felt like I was burning spiritually. Like my spirit was dying," Garrett looks at Evelyn.

Evelyn worriedly stared at Garrett.

' Then again, Vampires are known as soulless creatures,' Evelyn tells herself.

" Then the burning stops, and I wake up hungry," Garrett responded.

" I see," Evelyn nods her head in response.

" Do you plan on becoming someone like me?" Garrett softly asked so only Evelyn could hear.

Evelyn's heart skipped a beat, looking and feeling tensed when she heard that question.