Ch. 12 What exactly am I going to do in this situation?

Forty-year-old Charlie Swan came to work with a broad smile on his face. His police officers knew that the reason their Police Chief was smiling was that his two daughters were finally back home at Forks, where they were born.

Charlie's police officers knew that his daughters meant the world to him. Even though he couldn't visit them when they lived in California and Phoenix, he was always thrilled when the girls came to Forks during the summer.

When Evelyn called Charlie during Christmas vacation, asking him if he was okay with her and Bella living with him until they finish their High School, he immediately assured his eldest daughter that he didn't mind them living with him.

Charlie was eternally grateful that his friend, forty-two-year-old Harry Clearwater's wife, forty-year-old Sue Clearwater, helped him redecorate his daughters' bedrooms before they came to live with him. And he was also glad that his best friend, forty-two-year-old Billy Black, let him buy his old truck that his son, fifteen-year-old Jacob Black, rebuilt so that he can give to his eldest daughter as a late Christmas and Welcome Home gift.

When Charlie picked up his daughters at the airport, he was so happy when his eldest daughter jumped and hugged him tightly. He could tell that his eldest daughter was growing up so beautifully and knew that someday he would have to bring a shotgun home to scare off potential suitors.

Charlie fondly recalled his eldest daughter having a snow-white princess haircut that complemented well with her sapphire blue eyes, which she inherited from her mother, and her snowflake pale skin. She was fourteen when he last saw her in the summer, almost three years ago.

Charlie's eldest daughter is seventeen and has long, wavy dark brown hair with a natural red hue. Her rounded cheeks were gone and got prominent. And her rounded face was now a heart-shaped face framed well with her auburn brown-colored hair.

" I miss you, Dad!" Evelyn smiled while hugging her father tightly.

" I miss you too," Charlie responded, feeling delighted to have his daughter back home.

" How are you?" Charlie asked while gently putting his eldest daughter down.

" I am doing well," Evelyn brightly smiled.

Charlie's gaze softened when he saw his eldest daughter smiling. Her smiling made his usual cold, stony heart feel warm and loved. He knew she inherited her smile from his ex-wife, thirty-six-year-old Renee Dwyer since she has always been the outgoing, bubbly type.

" You sure have changed since I last saw you," Charlie amusingly chuckled while motioning to his eldest daughter's long, wavy, dark brown-colored hair. " Your hair grew. It looks nice," He compliments while fondly smiling at her.

" Yeah," Evelyn lightly plays her hair with her fingers. " The last time I saw you, I think I was like fourteen, and I had short hair at the time," Evelyn amusingly laughed, causing her father to chuckle.

" You know. You are looking more like your mother every time I see you," Charlie softly speaks. Even though he and Renee divorced when their daughters were young, he still cares about her deeply and is happy she has found love.

Evelyn fondly smiled at her father, and she was about to thank him when her cell phone started to ring, which let the two know that Renee was probably calling her. She pulls out her cell phone and smiles when she sees her mother on the screen.

" It's Mom. I am going to talk to her," Evelyn speaks. She pressed the green button and walked away from her father, speaking to her mother on the phone.