Ch. 5 Have fun at school

Ten minutes later, Evelyn finished taking a shower. The blue-eyed Swan steps out of the bathroom as she walks towards her bedroom, and she gets inside. The eldest Swan closed the door behind her as she walks up to the dressers, and she pulls out her pajamas that she is going to wear for the night. 

A few minutes later, Evelyn changed into her pajamas. The outfit consisted of a short-sleeve gray shirt, which has a Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas logo on it and black shorts with skeleton bones all over it, which has Jack's face in the corner. 

Evelyn walks up to her bed as she lays down on it

Evelyn walks up to her bed as she lays down on it. The blue-eyed Swan grabs her cell phone as she gets onto her contact, and she presses the green button next to Renee's name. 

" Time to call Mom, and see how she is doing," Evelyn tells herself while placing the phone against her right ear. 

A few rings later, Renee picks up the call. 

" Hiya, Sweetie! How are you?" Renee asked, sounding happy to hear from her eldest daughter. 

" I am doing well, Mom. I wanted to see how you are doing?" Evelyn asked her mother. 

" I am doing good, Sweetie. I am at a town somewhere in New Mexico. I started to get hungry, so I stop by to get something to eat," Renee tells her eldest daughter. 

" Glad to hear that you are doing well. Has Phil spoken with you lately?" Evelyn asked her mother. 

" Yes! Phil wanted to see how I was doing and that to call him when I am close to Florida," Renee tells her eldest daughter. 

" That's good. I am starting school tomorrow," Evelyn tells her mother as she grabs her towel, and she begins to dry her long dark hair. 

" That must be exciting! I have full faith that you and your sister are going to do well," Renee happily tells her eldest daughter. 

Evelyn softly smiles. 

" Mom," Evelyn whispers. 

" What's wrong, Sweetie?" Renee asked, sounding worried. 

" I know you told me to look out for Bella when we are in Forks. But she already insisted to me that she doesn't want a babysitter to look after her. And Bella is right. She is seventeen, which means she is old enough to look after herself. It also means that whatever choices she makes is on her," Evelyn honestly tells her mother. 

The phone became silent for a bit. 

" Mom?" Evelyn worriedly calls out. 

" I'm here, Sweetie. I am surprised, that's all. You two have always been so close to each other," Renee softly tells her eldest daughter. 

" Well. Used too," Evelyn sighs. 

" Evelyn," Renee calls out Evelyn's name. 

" Yeah, Mom?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow.