XXXI

Chapter 31

We separated ways.

We are finally at our destination after that very long flight. The feeling became lighter the longer we spent the flight together. I didn't feel that heavy feeling I felt during the first few hours of the flight.

This is reality. Hindi pwedeng iwasan ko nalang siya buong buhay ko. We're already grown ups and we are done with our childish plays.

We talked about why didn't he ride a private plane, why did he rest at the airport when we stopped over when he can just book a place, and some stuffs that he could've done using his influence. He said he wants to feel normal sometimes.

Tama naman siya, nakakaumay siguro kapag puro special treatment nalang ang natatanggap mo.

There were people at the airport waiting for him. Una akong lumabas sa kanya. Sabi niya ay aayusan pa muna siya ng team niya. It's not that I want to go out with him, anyway.

Paglabas ko puno na ng media, fans, and security ang airport. Sobrang layo na ng naabot niya.

I took a cab to send me to the hotel I booked beforehand. It was booked by Dave's friend, he has a friend whose bussines is online bookings and I took advantage of it.

It's a twenty-minute ride from the airport to the hotel. The hotel I booked is kind of pricy. Iniisip ko nalang na this is a gift for myself. Hindi naman siguro ako mamumulubi nito.

I turned on my phone and called my Mama.

She picked up.

[Oh, nasa'n ka na?] bungad niya.

"I'm in a cab. Papunta na ako sa hotel."

[Ingat ka diyan. Dalhin mo naman kami sa susunod.] pabirong sabi ni Mama.

"Sure. Wait for it."

[Okay ka lang ba diyan? Hindi ka na naliligaw?]

"Ma, hindi ito an unang pagkakataon na pumunta ako dito."

[Kahit na! Siguraduhin mong buo ka pang uuwi.]

I shook my head.

Kahit kailan talaga.

"Okay. Take care."

[You, too.] she said and I ended the call.

I worked so hard to do something for my family.

We traveled domestically and to some neighboring countries, our house got renovated, and stuffs. It wasn't easy but, thanks to my brothers. My younger brother finished college when I was just in law school. We decided to pay our parents back.

Everyone in the fam decided to invest for a family business. It's now doing well and it's operating for over a year now. Mama still runs her scented candles bussines, though. We decided to have a restaurant at our municipality. My youngest brother finished culinary. We got featured on different magazines and articles.

After a year and a half, sapat na rin ang pera ko to buy myself my own house and lot inside a village. It's still not fully paid and I have a long way to go. Condo lang sana 'yong kunin ko pero naisip ko na, I find it more comfortable to be in a house.

The rest of my friends are doing well. Kate didn't apply for a job a year after she passed the test. She spent the year travelling and giving herself the reward she deserve.

Kung mapera lang sana ako, ginawa ko rin ang ginawa ni Kate, kaso hindi.

I stayed loyal to this little law firm I got accepted. I tried to apply to some big law firms but I can't get in. The rest of the group got into some big-time law firms and I guess it's because of their backgrounds and connections but, they deserve it. I was shocked when Dave decided to work at the little law firm I was accepted.

It was tough, the salary was lower than those big law firms. When I won my third case, the one where it reached many people, I got offers from various big law firms. I declined, I wanted to stay with the firm that first believed in me and trained me.

Now, the law firm that I'm in is slowly blooming. I even got thousands of followers online. Some even said that I should join pageants since I'm good at answering questions. Oh, God! I don't have that ideas in my mind.

"We're here." the driver said.

"Oh." I was thinking so deep.

I paid him. He helped me get my luggage out of the car. I thanked him and he got his exit.

I went in to the hotel while pulling this luggage of mine. The hotel I was in the last time I went here wasn't as luxurious as this. I only got a normal room but, it's still pricy. I only see a few people and they look premium.

A staff brought my luggage and sent me to my room.

"Thank you." I said as we arrived.

Humiga agad ako pagkadating ko. That flight was so tiring. Wala naman akong plano na maglibot dito, gusto ko lang na magpahinga ng matiwasay. I'll just rest for the rest of the day then I'll go on a walk and some shopping tomorrow.

I got up, arranged my stuffs, changed clothes, texted Dave that I arrived safely and in pieces, and slept.

I got awaken by a call.

[Hey!]

"You're so loud!" agad akong napabangon sa pagkakahiga ko.

[It's already evening there, right? Kumain ka na ba?]

"I was sleeping and you woke me up." sabi ko.

[You done eating dinner?]

"'Di pa." sagot ko.

[What are you waiting for? Kumain ka na.]

"Demanding naman. Ako naman ang magugutom, ah." sabi ko pa.

[Go get some foods. You better be done eating when I call you again later.] he said and ended the call.

Tumingin muna ako sa salamin. Okay na siguro 'tong suot ko para lumabas. I'll just eat outside, ang mahal ng mga pagkain dito, kailangan ko rin magtipid dahil isang linggo pa ako dito.

I locked my room. I'm editing my pictures as I'm walking to my way out to post it later.

"Sorry, Ma'am." someone bumped me.

"No, it's okay. I wasn't looking at where I was walki--" I stopped as I saw the person.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Ikaw pala 'yan, Attorney."

"Yes and why are you here?" I asked.

It's one of Mazro's assistant, the one who gave me food. He's with a staff and lots of luggage

"Dito kasi mags-stay si Sir Mazro."

^_^