Ch. 4

Rainbow's P.O.V

10/9/21

I quietly hummed along to one of the Wonderbolts' songs. I've always been surprised to hear Soarin hit such high notes, his voice is usually relatively deep. Soarin started his career at the age of 14 and basically blew up from there, he's 17 now, turning 18 in November, which is exactly 71 days from now, which is around two months.

I really need to focus on my homework. I've mangaged to get through questions 1-5 but i'm stuck on 6.

Determine where, if anywhere, the tangent line to 'f(x)=x3−5x2+xf(x)=x3−5x2+x'
is parallel to the line 'y=4x+23y=4x+23'.

"What the fuck does that mean."

What is a tangent line?

What does it mean parallel?

Why the fuck are there letters in math?

Why the fuck is math?

"The tangent line will be parallel to 'y=4x+23y=4x+23' at, x=5−√343=−0.276984 x=5+√343=3.61032."
Someone said.

"I'm gonna pretend like I get what you said.. thanks anyways."

"You're welcome, princess."

I didn't think much of it at first, but then I realized. "Hey! How'd you get in my room?? Actually, how do you even know where I live??"

Soarin smirked, "We're neighbors."

Oh my fucking god.

"Nice choice of music, by the way."

Fuck.

"Shut up, this is a one time thing."

Soarin pointed to a poster on the wall. I got that signed by Thunderlane and Discord. "One time thing, huh?"

I glared at him, "Shut up."

Soarin chuckled, "Make me."

My eyes widened and I immediately grabbed a pillow to throw at him. "Fuck you."
I said as I threw the pillow.

"My my, you kids and your dirty thoughts. I never specified how you could shut me up, but you decided to think that way anyway."

"First of all, I'm older than you. Second, shut up." I rolled my eyes, "What are you doing here, anyway?"

Soarin smiled sarcastically, "I just missed my little Dashie, that's all."

I really love and admire this guy, but he seriously needs to stop with that attitude.

"You saw me two hours ago, we also called around 30 minutes ago. Do you have attachment issues or something?"

"Yeah." Soarin admitted as he layed down next to me, placing his hands behind his head. "Let me know if ya need any help with your homework. If not, I'll be asleep."

Is this idiot really gonna fall asleep on my bed after breaking in? What the hell.

"Actually, I do need help with my homework." I admitted.