Ch. 9 + 10

17/10/21

Soarin's P.O.V

Mother is such an ass for inviting Dash's family over for dinner today.

Mother met Mrs. Windy coincidentally, since Mrs. Windy was out for a walk and mother was about to get into her car to go somewhere, I don't know where. They met, began to chat for a while, and then mother thought it would be a great idea for our families to properly meet, so she invited them over for dinner today.

I'm not complaining, but god, I just want to sleep.

I sighed as I set the table, I sometimes skip dinner and just sleep, but no.

Why mother? Why did you have to invite them? It could've been tomorrow, it could've been for lunch, but no, it had to be for dinner.

"Stop your internal complaining, Soarin." Mother sternly stated, "Your thoughts are so loud, I can basically hear them."

"Am I saying my thoughts out loud??"

"No, mother is just a mind reader." My sister, Kaze, joked.

"At this point, it's pretty believable."

The doorbell rang.

"Ah, they're here.. Soarin, open the door please." Mother commanded.

"Yes ma'am." I rolled my eyes and mumbled a few curses while I walked towards the door.

I opened it with a smile, "Hello-"

I cut myself off, my eyes slightly widening and my smile dropped.

"Ah, h-hello... father.."

"Hello, Soarin." He greeted softly.

I was speechless, what the fuck was this absolute bastard doing here.

Father walked inside, brushing past me.

I turned back to Dash and her family, "Welcome.." I smiled.

"Hello, Soarin.." Mrs. Windy smiled back, "That was your father, correct? He's a very nice man.."

Excuse me.

"Mhm, he's great." I shifted uncomfortably, "Anyways, come in, I'll introduce you to my family.."

I moved to the side, Dash glanced at me with a concerned look on her face.

"U-Uh, that's my mother, Kumo Skies.." I pointed to my mother, who waved.

I gestured to one of my sisters, "That's Kuuki, she's the oldest sister.."

I pointed to another one, "That's High Winds, she's the middle child.."

I looked at Kaze, "That's Kaze, she's the youngest sister.."

"But you're still the youngest, right?" Dash asked.

I nodded in reply, "And you've already met my father, Sombra, so that's it.."

Mother walked over to us, "It's a pleasure to meet you all. I hope that we can use this opportunity to grow closer as friends.."

"Of course.." Mrs. Windy smiled, "It's such a delight to meet you all.."

Mrs. Windy introduced everyone to the rest of my family, while I stood in the back, staring at my father.

Dash walked up to me, "Soarin, you alright..?"

"I-I just.. didn't expect to see him after so long, that's all.." I fiddled with my hands, "I know he's definitely changed, given the completely different look he gave me, but I'd still want an apology.."