Chapter 7: Stay

I want to change the story cover so badddd...

Anyways, some more dialogue here
-------

Badboyhalo rushed down the ladder to the floor Techno was on. The lower he got, the more dusty and mangled the house had become.

Finally, he got to the ladder to the room he had slept in and was about to climb down when he realised the ladder had completely disintegrated. His eyes drifted down through the trap door to the large crater which had previously been the bottom floor of the house.

Through the dust and wreckage, he was able to spot Technoblade, seemingly conscious, kneeling on the ground with both of his hands gripped onto the handle of his sword. The blood God had his back to the demon, but he was surprised to see he didn't look much more hurt than he looked when he had arrived.

There was no easy way to get down. He had no water bucket, and he didn't want to jump as he knew he would take bad fall damage without his armour.

He rushed upstairs instead to grab some blocks and ladders, before making his way back down to Techno.

The crater was large in scale and looked somewhat intentional. The dust in the room still hadn't settled, any normal person would be choking due to the particles in the air, but Bad and Techno weren't normal.

Bad stood a few safe meters away from the blood God, suddenly feeling bad for interrupting whatever Techno was doing.

The demon wasn't used to seeing the Blade like this. Even though he didn't get to see Techno very often, when he did; the man had always remained well guarded and alert when it came to his surroundings. When he fought, he battled fiercely and mercilessly. He seemed always to be so driven by his goals. Even if they weren't morally right, it was almost admirable.

But at this moment, Technblade looked like a king who had been exiled from his own country. His powerful demeanour had changed into something more vulnerable Bad hadn't seen in him before. And he couldn't help but feel concerned f-

"What are you doing." His thoughts were interrupted by Techno, his voice sounding hoarse and off.

"I..." Bad thought carefully about what to say. "I wanted to check on you. I heard the explosion, I was worried that something bad had happened."

The blood God never once turned to meet his gaze.

"You can leave now, you know." His voice was nothing more than a whisper, Bad had a hard time picking it up.

"What?"

"You can leave. Go back to L'Manburg or the Badlands or something. There's no point staying now that the war is over. Go home."

Bad stared on, feeling very conflicted. He needed to do what he thought was right.

"I don't want to leave yet."

This caused Techno to turn his head slightly to where Bad was standing. "I forced you here. Now I'm giving you permission to leave. Why bother staying?"

Bad gulped, all the same he took a single step closer. "You're... Not okay right now. I can help. I know first aid, I'll be able to treat that wou-"

"I'm fine helping myself." Techno growled as he turned around to face the demon, the one red eye visible shining even with the minimal light in the crater.

Bad's white eyes softened when his eyes met with the wet stain that had traced its way down the Blood God's scarred cheek.

"No, let me help you." His voice, although calm, remained firm. Now that he could clearly see the state the other was in, there was no way he was going to back down.