Chapter 31: Encounter

was long past midnight.

Puffy had searched every possible location Bad could be. His home, her house, Ant's house, the community house, the whole expanse of the prime path.

There were hardly any people out at this time, but during each encounter, Puffy would ask them if they had seen Bad recently. But each reply was the same. It was as if he'd vanished.

The only other place Bad could be was somewhere beyond the borders of the main SMP out in the wilderness. She didn't know what he could be doing there. Perhaps he was just trying to think through what he'd done. Either way, Puffy needed to find him.

She didn't know how long she had been searching for, but in her last half hour of searching, she bumped into someone she hadn't seen for a while.

"Ranboo!" Puffy called as she saw the enderman hybrid walking slowly in the distance. The other immediately responded, flinching hard as if he had been shocked, before cautiously turning to look over his shoulder.

"Oh.." Once he noticed the voice was Puffy, he looked visibly relieved. "Hey Puffy.."

The sheep immediately knew something was off with his behaviour. "You doing ok? I haven't seen you in a while." She asked, her tone concerned.

It took a moment for Ranboo to respond.

"I'm fine." He eventually responded, his shaky voice contradicting his words.

Puffy's unconvinced attitude seemed to put the ender hybrid even more on edge, so she resorted to a different tactic.

"Have you seen Bad around here recently? I'm looking for him." Puffy tried.

Ranboo looked surprised. "Badboyhalo?"

Puffy nodded, causing Ranboo to fall back into his uneasy state. "Did something come up..?"

"He got into an argument with Skeppy." Puffy stated calmly, hoping Ranboo would offer her some new information.

"That's nothing new.." He instead sighed. "I haven't seen him. I haven't seen him since the announcement a while back, actually."

"Wow," Puffy breathed, "you sure missed a lot."

Although she wanted to stay and talk for longer, she knew she had no more time. "I'm gonna have to go, Ranboo. Catch up later though!"

The hybrid nodded. "I hope you find him.." he muttered, before Puffy dashed away out of his sight.

Ranboo turned back around, his heart racing. It had been a long time since he had spoken to a real person and he clearly wasn't used to it anymore.

There was only one place on the whole SMP he was able to stay at the moment, a place he could hardly call a home. But it was all he had, so he was left to make do with it.

It was where he was walking back to now. It was a place nobody, well, almost nobody knew about. And it was a place he would stay days at a time.

It didn't take him long to sense something off about his surroundings though. A sinister, malicious aura that creeped its way up his skin causing his hair to stand up on end.

It made him abruptly stop to look around. It was an eerie night. The red moon in the sky caused the trees around him to glow ever so slightly with a crimson tinge.

Ranboo didn't want to deal with this right now. He wanted to get back. But he first needed to make his way through the darkness and out of the forest.