Chapter 14: Bounty

Language warning
———

Only moments after Ant and Bad had arrived back from their walk, Puffy had rushed into the mansion, flushed and out of breath.

Both the cat hybrid and demon stared at her quizzically as she gasped to regain herself enough to speak.

"There's.." She inhaled. "There's an important announcement. We all have to meet by the crater of L'Manburg as soon as possible."

"Do you know what it's about?" Bad questioned, tone still a little hoarse from crying yet laced with curiosity. It seemed Puffy was aware that he was out of sorts, by the way she looked him up and down momentarily before continuing.

"I have no idea. I was told by Sam just a moment ago. He said to spread the word." Puffy replied.

"Hmm.." Ant hummed, tail flicking. "That's strange. It might be about that prison he's been building. I'm pretty sure he's finished it now."

"Maybe. Though I think they are trying to gather up all the people in the area. Whatever it is, it's big." Puffy mentioned. "So we should get going. We can't have them starting without us."

The others nodded and followed behind her out the front door of the mansion. The sun had already set causing the temperature outside to dramatically drop. Bad clutched onto his shoulders from the cold, watching as his breath became visible in the outside air.

The DreamSMP was a pretty place at night. There were lights like glow stone and lanterns that illuminated the path they walked down. Many structures were also lit up, including many different towers.

Despite the pretty view, Bad's concern for what was to be announced was slowly increasing. It could literally be anything, but there was a certain thought that remained as a permanent worry for him. And that worry was Connor. He had seen Technoblade on the mainland of the SMP, even though he was a criminal and clearly forbidden to be there. Not only this, but Connor must have seen Bad with him and had possibly even heard their conversation.

The demon clutched himself harder. This could be bad. Very bad.

"Are you okay, Bad?" Ant quietly asked him from his side, eyes furrowed in concern.

Bad offered him a tight smile. "It's fine, I'm just thinking about this announcement."

"Yeah." Ant agreed with him. "It's going to be interesting what gets said. We haven't had an announcement like this. We usually only get them when a new person is introduced to the area or something."

Bad nodded, not entirely listening. They were approaching the meeting spot. He could already see a small crowd in the distance, but he was too far away to recognise anybody. As far as he could see, it seemed to be a wood platform that has been placed right on the edge of the crater's rim. There were multiple people standing on it and a microphone in the middle.

As they got closer, Bad was finally able to recognise some familiar faces. Tommy and Tubbo were standing by each others side at the front of the podium, the microphone between them. They hadn't seemed to have started the announcement however, and instead were talking to each other.

There were two other people on the podium too, slightly further back. They were Quackity and Fundy, both wearing aprons that looked designed for cooking. On further inspection, Tommy and Tubbo were both wearing them too.

Do they plan on having a cooking competition? The aprons had left Bad feeling utterly confused.

He finally got close enough to the stage to stop and watch. Both Puffy and Ant also had stopped walking and stood waiting for either Tommy or Tubbo to say something. It seemed that Quackity had taken notice of his arrival, as he was staring at the demon, a large grin printed on his face. Bad returned a smile, even though it was much less enthusiastic.