Chapter 16: Rescue

Stuff always goes down on the 16th, right? Or well in this case, it's the 16th chapter...

Art by Ruintwolf on Twitter! Go check them out, they always produce amazing art :)

————

The Butcher Army were going to Techno's base today.

The revelation came as a shock to Badboyhalo. It was much, much sooner than he had ever expected. It meant he had to put any other plans he had today on hold, as right now, warning Techno about this was the priority.

The demon felt frightened about how little he knew about this whole situation. He didn't even know when the Butcher army were going to get there. Did they know the way to his base through the Nether? He hoped not. He needed as much time as he could get. He needed to get to Techno's base and get him to get out of there.

He knew Techno was strong, but he doubted the other could take a 4v1 while being unprepared and caught off guard.

Bad hurried down the quartz staircase to his chests in the basement. Their, he picked up his netherite armour, slinging it on while leaving out the helmet. Next, he turned to his weapons and picked up his 'LANGUAGE' enchanted sword. He wasn't planning to use it in anyway, but having it with him made him feel safer.

Finally, he picked up his long, shiny trident that was placed against one of the chests.  It was one of his favourite items that he owned. He had found it a while back from a drowned he defeated. Back then, it was in a relatively broken state, however he put a lot of time into fixing it up to be better than how it was before. He added a certain enchantment on it that allowed him to travel quickly through the air from water. So he now used it as fast travel.

However, he knew it wouldn't be much use in the nether due to the lack of water. And unfortunately, it wasn't raining so he placed it back down. Carrying it might just slow him down.

Bad rushed out the mansion's front doors, throwing his small, leather bag across his shoulder that carried a couple of potions, one of which was in his hands. An invisibility potion.

He chugged it down in one swift motion, then chucked the bottle to the side of the wood path. He would pick it up later.

Only a second later, he noticed his hands had completely disappeared. His armour stayed the same however, but that didn't matter to Bad. All he really needed to do was hide his identity as he travelled through the main SMP hub. He couldn't afford to bump into anyone and use up valuable time.

The demon thought over what he should say to Technoblade when he arrived. He needed to warn him of course, but what happened if Techno didn't believe him? What if he thought Bad was just leading him into a trap? He knew how sceptical the Blood God is with others, especially around people who weren't technically on his side. But if they really were friends, surely he would listen.

It wasn't long before he reached the portal, and spent no time racing through it. Once arriving at the nether, he noticed Ponk standing on one of the bridges. It seemed the he had noticed the demon too, as his eyes washed over with confusion by the floating armour that ran past him.

Bad suddenly felt extremely thankful for that potion he had drank. Even though he trusted Ponk, he would still be a potential witness if something went wrong.

The demon had already made sure to make a note of the way to get to the base while he walked back with Techno the other day. However, he never thought he would be travelling back so soon, and for something so serious.

He glanced at his hands again as the invisibility disappeared. He was going to go back to see Skeppy again today, to hopefully find a way to get his friend to remember him again. Even though every time he seemed to visit him seemed to only cause him pain, he knew he can never give up. Giving up would mean he would be failing his best friend. But he needed to not focus on that situation right now and focus on the immediate problem.