Chapter 10: Demon

Summery of what has happened so far: The story starts before the Doomsday of L'Manburg, where Phil and Techno prepare for war. They are caught by Badboyhalo, who is turned into a hostage and taken back to Technoblade's base. Here, Bad is made to stay in the basement as the others finish preparing. On the day of war, Dream shows up at the base and is surprised that Techno left the demon alive, and wants to figure out why for personal reasons. Phil manages to convince Techno to go to war with him and in the end the war is won, but at the cost of Philza's life. Techno returns to his home injured and silently devastated, while Bad is no way informed on what had happened. When there is an explosion, Bad rushes downstairs to where the sound was coming from and finds Techno in the middle of the crater, supposedly the cause of it. He seems extremely upset and commands the demon to leave, but Bad only wants to help and stays. Bad then helps patch up the Blades wounds from the war and clean his blooded clothes. When Techno feels rested enough to walk, he goes out and builds Phil a memorial. This is how Bad finds out what happened.

Just to point out we will be going into more about demons in this chapter. The stuff I mention is not accurate and is completely fictional for the sake of the story, so please don't take it to heart haha.

——-

The sun had begun to set, falling deeper into the horizon, so Techno had decided to go back inside, with Badboyhalo close behind.

The demon was extremely odd to him. Maybe it was the unnecessary amount of kindness he had, to the point of complete selflessness. He had been held hostage here, yet when Techno was injured he tended to his wounds, cleaned his clothes and even helped mourn for Phil.

"Do you know where the dogs are? They were all in here last night." Badboyhalo suddenly asked, causing Techno to slightly turn his head towards him.

"I put them in the house next door. I assume you know the one I'm talking about." Techno replied, sitting down next to his desk that held all his brewing stands.

"Oh, that one." Bad chuckled slightly. "Its an... Interesting design."

"Its not mine, Tommy built it when we were allies so he didn't have to stay in my basement anymore." The Blade stated. "Ive been planning to take it down, but I decided it would be a good place to hold the hounds for now until I can build them a proper dog house."

"Do they have names?"

Techno grunted, of course Bad would ask a question like that. "All the ones that did were killed. But I'll find new names for the others. I'll probably call one of them Fossil."

Bad nodded, not questioning the choice of name. That was a good thing too, as the blood God wasn't sure how he would be able to go about explaining why.

There was a moment of silence, neither of them had anything they particularly had to do. The demon had sat himself down on the carpet, having no place to sit.

"Hey, " Technoblade suddenly spoke up. "I have a question."

Bad perked up, eyes lifting to his own, that we're still visible due to his lack of mask. It was broken, after all. He would have to find a way to fix it.

"What's your question?" He asked, curious.

"You're a demon, right?" Techno raised his eyes as Bad looked back at him confused.

"Well yes... I'm a hybrid just like you. Why you ask?" Techno noticed the fact the other looked slightly uncomfortable.

"When you were cleaning my injuries with all the blood, you didn't react at all did you? I mean I wasn't awake, but-" He was cut of by Bad who was suddenly laughing.