Chapter Two

When you're secretly a goddess who had successfully managed to hide their identity for a couple millennia, yeah, you're totally going to be upset that your secret was finally revealed.

Especially in front of your own friends.

Rainbow Dash sighed and covered her face with her hands. 2,520 years this secret had been kept. And now her friend knew.

"I'll get her," she started walking down the stairs, when Heracles rushed past her.

"Let the man take this one," he picked up the unconscious Twilight.

"Heracles, you're still grounded for five years," Zeus said. "Your mother's already threatened to take your lion armor for a month."

"I am never taking this off," Heracles dropped Twilight, which stirred her to life from the impact.

She gasped again.

"You're... you're..." she stammered.

"A goddess who's forced to pretend to be human and managed it alone for centuries when you followed me and discovered who I really am," Rainbow finished for her. "Did I get it right?"

Twilight was still gaping.

Rainbow walked up to Zeus. "Should we just tell her?"

"Well I mean it's too late anyway, so might as well just tell the whole story," Zeus said. "Come on one. My wife makes a mean lamb."

Twilight raced up the steps, eager to see the palace she'd only read about.

Several plates of lamb later, Zeus, Hera, Rainbow, and Twilight were all standing at the table.

"So you left Olympus and have been on Earth for a couple millennia because some Greeks had triskaidekaphobia?" Twilight gripped her head.

"In a nutshell," her friend looked away from her.

"Why?" Twilight asked, curious to hear more.

"We were afraid," Hera sighed, her flowing red hair draped across her light blue chiton. "Even though it wasn't Zeus and some other woman, we did the best we could do to hide her. Then when the Greeks died out, the Romans still believed in us, so she wasn't ready. But I guess we took it too long."

"Yeah, because the Romans lasted 2.5 thousand years," Twilight said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"And then when she found friends..." Hera looked off in the distance.

"Mom, I really am not in the mood to be sentimental right now," a girl wearing shiny bronze armor stood in the doorway.

"Athena, we're having a talk with a mortal," Zeus cocked his head towards Twilight.

"She's... is she really?" she stammered.

"The one and only," Athena strutted into the room. "So, what's going on?"

She could easily tell just by the way her sister cringed.

"You had such a long streak though!" she cried.

"Welp, nerd here got curious, and thought, 'Hey, there's some golden portal here, why don't I just check it out? Won't hurt anyone,'" Rainbow stared daggers at Twilight, who was too busy fangirling over her sister to care.

"Relax, Dashie," Athena sat next to her, playfully elbowing her arm. "I've been known for a very long time, and remember when Dad found out I zapped Jaco—that kid?"