Chapter Twenty-Three

A piece of cloth was ripped out of her mouth. Her eyes opened to see everyone staring at her. And in the back was the altar.

And the gallows.

And her friends.

Rainbow Dash sighed in defeat. Here she was, the supposed amazing child who had the amazing powers, trapped under Hestia's custody and forced to watch everything unfold.

This was Hestia's revenge.

Against everyone who'd never known her or forgotten her.

The question was, why was Rainbow one of her targets?

But that could be answered later.

Because Hera was being dragged next to the gallows, with two kings by her side. King Midas had unruly hair, wearing golden gloves to keep from touching things and turning them to gold. King Minos had blood stains, probably from having to deal with his pet Minotaur. But both of them, while were wearing ridiculous smiles, had a set determination like they had plans. Even though the kings were fools.

"Mom?" Athena cried, trying to escape. "You can't kill her!"

"She's technically not your mother, so hush," Artemis whispered. "I mean, it would make more sense if you-know-who was doing what you're doing."

"Wait, Voldemort's here?" Twilight groaned, then gasped. "I can't say his name!"

"Relax, he's not real," Rainbow said. "But yeah, I think I know who they're referring to."

She tried to point to herself, but their hands and wrists were tied to the thick log.

"Okay, so basically, we're toast," Artemis sighed. "It's over."

"Not yet; we still have a little time," Athena tried to find the good in the situation, but Hestia was already walking down the aisle, in a hideous burnt dress and withered flowers, like her flames couldn't stay under control for two seconds, the diadem still intact. The myraks attempted to play a wedding march, but they were just stomping their feet.

"Will someone please gouge my eyes out?" Poseidon moaned.

"Rather have my ears and eyes gone," Apollo muttered.

Hestia finally made it to Zeus.

"And now I have some news to share," Hestia said. "Before we begin, I would like to show you the woman who's been pretending to be queen, while Zeus knew in his heart that I was his true love!"

Hestia kept talking about random nonsense that were total lies as Hera was shoved forward.

"Behold, I sentence you to turn to gold and be destroyed by the Minotaur!" Hestia pointed a long pointer finger at Hera, the kings excitedly ripping off Midas's gloves.

"You can't do this!" Athena protested.

"And I announce the public hanging begins now," Hestia grinned darkly. Everyone in the chairs fought harder as Minos tugged Applejack, Pinkie, and Fluttershy out by the nooses.

"You have thirty seconds to agree to follow me," Hestia offered.

"Hurry!" Artemis tugged against the ropes.

"Twenty seconds."

Rainbow whipped her head around, trying to find a way to escape.

"Ten seconds."

Athena managed to keep her grip on her spear when they were captured. She tried to cut the binds, but missed and gashed open her palm.

"Five seconds."