Chapter Eighteen

"Maybe if you drew it out, we could try and--" Artemis began.

"No," Rainbow shook her head again. "It won't work this time. This is something different entirely. I don't want anyone else stuck in this."

She didn't really want anyone else dragged into even more messes than they needed to. Not that even she should even be a part of this one. This was all about Applejack.

But then again, didn't all of them already have, like, twenty problems each?

First they were dealing with Hestia and Twilight and all that business. Plus they were trying to figure out just why she had been gifted with all her abilities. And now Applejack thinks she knows who killed her parents...

"We have too many problems," she finally sighed.

"Well, I mean, this is what you get when you're born a Greek god," Artemis said.

"Except we also have the power!" Heracles called out.

"Seriously, I think he waits until the perfect wrong moment to go and annoy us," Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"Go eavesdrop somewhere else," Artemis called out. "So, what happened?"

"I just told you, Hestia killed my friend's parents."

"Do you know how?"

"She can control fires! Isn't it obvious?"

"And the sickness?"

"Best guess is carnatium, because she said they were experiencing the same symptoms as Twilight."

Artemis leaned back on her heels, deep in thought.

"I don't even know why I'm telling you this," Rainbow buried her face in her hands.

"No, no, you should be," Artemis said. "If it's really Hestia who did it, then it's more justifications to stop her."

"Now you sound like Athena."

"Well, she is my favorite sister."

"Thanks for letting me know. I'll start practicing better aim on electricity."

"Well, I've been with her this entire time you've been gone," Artemis fingered with her bow. "You know, maybe I could just sneak in, take out Hestia and the myraks, get the carnation, and we can be on our merry way."

"Why?"

"Don't myraks have a fatal weakness to arrow wounds?"

"Yeah, but your plan is still pretty outrageous," Rainbow said. "Seriously, isn't Hestia immortal?"

"Aaaand this is why I'm not the goddess of wisdom," Artemis winked.

Artemis always knew how to cheer anyone up. Rumor had it that she once made Hades smile, despite his usual gloomy demeanor. She always had something witty to say, even when things looked bleak.

Like right now.

"But then again," Rainbow sighed. "It's just a theory. Who knows? It could have been someone else."

"Well, Hestia's the only person we know who can control fire, so there's that," Artemis pointed out. "And we know that Zeus is the only other person to have used carnatium, and he's been regretting it ever since. And since Cronus is dead, he's useless."

"Aaaand this is why I wonder what life would be like if we weren't Greek lore," Athena said in the distance.

"Please don't tell me that you've been hearing us this whole time," Rainbow sighed.