Chapter Four

"Never doing that again," Applejack clenched her teeth.

"We still have to go back," Sunset reminded her. "But yeah, the trip is pretty discombobulating."

There had been one slight issue with the portal that they knew about but rarely ever did: it was a portal from the human world to Equestria. And it was all filled with... ponies. In order to accommodate, they had to become ponies themselves (and then Spike went from a puppy to a baby dragon).

"Much less discombobulating and more weird, even going the other way," a light purple unicorn with wavy purple hair, highlighted in mint green, said.

"I personally think going this way is harder, Starlight," Sunset said.

"I think we're missing the main problem here," Rarity cut in. "I lost my clothes in the portal!"

"You'll get them back," Starlight reassured.

"Guys, we have two friends missing on the same day, and who knows where they ran off to," Applejack reprimanded. "And you're worried about having clothes?"

Twilight, a dark purple pony with a unicorn horn and pegasus wings (term is alicorn), walked up to the rest of the group, a thick book in front of her. It was surrounded by a dark pink hue, like the hue surrounding her horn. She dropped the book on the crystal table, the hue disappearing on both the book and the horn.

"I found a book on possible locations that are so remote, no one can track them," she said, flipping open the cover. "Places like Atlantis, Mount Olympus..."

"Mount Olympus?" Pinkie cut in.

"It's where all the Greek gods and goddesses live," Twilight explained. "It says here that every god and goddess is given a golden key that is unique to them, and it's how they get from our world to the peak. There are actually rumors that there is a secret god or goddess up there, but no one knows the whole story."

"Secret goddess?" Sunset asked.

"It could also be a god, we don't know," Twilight said. "The only thing known about him/her is that they've been pretending to be human for 2,520 years!"

"That's an impressive streak," Starlight nodded her head. "But why only that long?"

"It says they were ordered to leave Olympus at age six, in 500 BC. But since their parents couldn't spend forever without him/her, they decided that the child would return monthly for three days..."

Sunset zoned out of the conversation... once a month... three days... wasn't Rainbow always missing every month?

"Wait," Sunset drifted back into the conversation. "Rainbow Dash always disappears monthly, even though it's for the weekend."

"What?" Twilight looked up from the blurb about the secret immortal.

"And she never seems to get older," Pinkie added. "Well, not at least after high school rolled around."

"I've seen her whenever they talk about Greek mythology," Applejack continued. "She either runs away whenever they look at her or whenever they talk about a secret child of Zeus. I always thought it was really weird."

"I've watched her on tests," Fluttershy peeped. "It's like she's trying to fail, because I see her get an answer, light up, and then something clicks or something, and she chooses another answer."

"What?" Starlight raised an eyebrow. "I always just assumed she didn't know anything that involved book-smarts."

"She spoke casually of fighting sea monsters on that cruise, calling it the best spring break ever," Rarity said.