Chapter Six

"We're screwed," Athena said for the millionth time.

"Well, I mean we've known that for six hours, ten minutes, and fifty-three seconds, but who's counting?" Artemis sighed.

"Guys, Hestia has my friend, my other friends don't know what's going on, Hestia wants Mom dead, and you're focused on counting time?" Rainbow Dash really wanted to zap someone right now, but she wasn't about to have an even worse week.

How could she have done nothing? She had hidden behind her sisters like a coward! She could have easily taken Hestia (and by easily, she meant a while, because Hestia was actually pretty powerful, having lived longer than her). And now Twilight was going to die, and the others wouldn't even know, because if she told them, she would have to tell even more people she had been pretending this whole time.

"Look, your friend is gone," Aphrodite stepped into the room. "Can't we move on from it?"

The three sisters glared at Aphrodite, who always seemed to just barge in like she lived there.

"Hestia is going to kill Twilight," Rainbow clutched her head, the reality of it setting in.

Twilight was going to die.

Spike would lose his owner.

And Aphrodite didn't seem to care.

"Girls, we can't focus on one specific problem," Zeus rubbed his chin. "What we need to do now is find a way to fix it."

"Because that's always been easy for us," Athena grumbled. "You literally started a war to control the population."

Zeus nervously giggled. "Did I? I always thought it was you two and Hera who started it."

Athena and Aphrodite gave him dirty looks.

Zeus coughed. "Maybe we should just move on."

"Ooh! A war!" Heracles, in his lion-armored glory, bounded into the room. "Can I fight in it?"

"Absolutely not," Zeus said. "You're still grounded for another five years."

Heracles muttered something under his breath and walked away.

"Any volunteers from you?" Zeus didn't look in Rainbow's direction, much to her dismay.

"I'd like to," Aphrodite said. "But the fighting is really so last millennium. I'm still recovering from the Trojan War!"

"I want to get closer to the action from a safe distance," Artemis trembled.

"And I want to find out as much as I can about Hestia," Athena shrugged. "What about her?"

"I'm not letting Rainbow get hurt!" Zeus yelled.

"Dad, I fought like six evil people in a span of just around three months. I can handle Hestia," Rainbow pleaded. "It'll be no sweat!"

Zeus sighed. No one else would volunteer.

"Fine," he said, and his daughter started cheering for joy.

"But you have to take Ares with you," he continued.

"Me?" Ares stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Him?" Rainbow stopped mid-jump and fell on her butt.

She immediately scrambled to her knees. "Dad, you're going crazy! I'll be fine!"

"Ares has been through more than you have," Zeus said as Ares kept a puzzled expression on his face.

"Let me go and make the list of things I had to face and defeated," she rolled her eyes.