Chapter Twenty-One

If there was one thing Hestia craved, it was watching her enemies' fear levels rise. She wasn't sure why, but it always made her feel satisfied with her own life.

Zeus had just... left her. Forgot all about her. And went for Hera, who was such an awful wife that Zeus was forced to turn to other girls to make himself feel quenched with love. He and Hestia were the same. Both craving something to fulfill their lives.

Only Hestia wanted revenge.

She knew what his freaky daughter was destined for. That ridiculous Oracle proclaimed it to the entire mythological world.

But she would be taking that role for all the good reasons. Saving the girl from her fate was the only way to get what Hestia wanted.

"My sister... cursed you?" Hera asked. Rainbow gulped and nodded.

Hera sat back. Sure, the anger was reeling, like it always did. But this anger was stronger, an anger forged out of love and fear. Rainbow Dash was the one girl Hera had spent the most time with, excluding her sisters. But fearing that she would actually try to read Hera's mind, she didn't think of the reasons.

But knowing that her own blood sister cursed her own daughter with a time spell ignited something in her.

"Don't worry," Hera pulled Rainbow close into mothering arms. "We're going to reverse this spell. And we will destroy Hestia. No one harms people I love like this."

A bolt of lightning sparked out of her daughter's hand, singing the covers of the bed.

"It's getting worse," said Hebe from the corner, a dove perched on her delicate hand. "I can feel it."

"Well, obviously," Rainbow said as another bolt blasted out of her fingertips.

"We haven't found anything yet," Heracles and Ares rushed into the room, completing the number of children Hera had with Zeus. Pretty pathetic, considering how many descendants Zeus has.

"In the meantime, we have to keep these powers under control," said Hebe. "Either that or try and conceal them, but that's not gonna work; they'll just show up anyway and go even crazier."

True...

"We might have to try and control it then," Hera said. "But no matter what happens, you have to get your friends back."

"Athena's already come up with the plan to get them back," Heracles pointed out. "She said that we have to try and control this crazy magic while the others are trying to rescue them."

It still killed Hera to know that the one daughter she actually loved was another victim of Hestia. Hestia had to be dealt with.

And fast.

Okay, so none of them were expecting Hestia to show up right there and then.

Everything was so peaceful before, Rarity thought as she stared at fireballs barely missing the palace, unfazed. She knew Hestia was coming for them, possibly to give the others a curse as well.

"So..." Artemis looked out the window as well. "I take it you're not surprised at this point."

"I should've expected this; I'm literally on top of a mountain where magical gods and goddesses live," Rarity said.

"HERA!" Hestia's voice vibrated through the palace. "I REQUEST YOUR DAUGHTER! ALIVE."

"Uh-oh..." Artemis sighed. "Time to fight again."