The Five Dragons

The grounds were very dark. Heroneka walked down the lawn toward the lights shining in Hagrid's cabin. The inside of the enormous Beauxbatons carriage was also lit up; Heroneka could hear Madame Maxime talking inside it as she knocked on Hagrid's front door.

"You there, Harry?" Hagrid whispered, opening the door and looking around.

"It's me! Snitchy!" said Heroneka, slipping inside the cabin and snapping her fingers to flicker the shield off. "What's up?"

"Where's Harry?" Hagrid gave her a puzzled look. "He's ter be here too."

"I had to come alone, Hagrid." She told him. "He had to stay back. He is -- preparing himself for the first task."

"Righ'! Yer ter have a look! Got summat ter show yeh," said Hagrid. "Yeh have ter tell Harry abou' it as well!"

There was an air of enormous excitement about Hagrid. He was wearing a flower that resembled an oversized artichoke in his buttonhole. It looked as though he had abandoned the use of axle grease, but he had certainly attempted to comb his hair - Heroneka could see the comb's broken teeth tangled in it.

"What're you showing me?" Heroneka said warily, wondering if the skrewts had laid eggs, or Hagrid had managed to buy another giant three-headed dog off a stranger in a pub.

"That!" He nodded back towards the kitchen table.

Heroneka turned around and saw Charlie Weasley, sitting by the fireplace on a chair.

"Hey there!" He winked at her.

"I'm ter leave now." Said Hagrid. "Charlie will tell yer abou' it!"

Heroneka's mouth was half-open as she gaped at Charlie. What the hell was he doing here?

"Yeh is suppos' ter leave Fang here.", Hagrid told Charlie. "Don' bring him along."

"We will leave him here.", Charlie assured him.

"What - why?" Heroneka kept staring from Hagrid to Charlie. "What is going on? Why are you here, Charlie?"

"Come out with Charlie after some time - keep quiet, an' keep yerself hidden with yer shield," said Hagrid. "Don' take Fang, he won' like it..."

Heroneka frowned at him. Was Hagrid high? Or had he gotten drunk? What was he talking about? She wanted to go back to Harry so she could make it in time to talk to Sirius as well.

"Listen, Hagrid, I can't stay long....I've got to be back up at the castle by one o'clock -"

But Hagrid wasn't listening; he was opening the cabin door and striding off into the night. He shut the door behind him.

"Charlie, what are you doing here and why did Hagrid call me and Harry tonight?" She asked him losing patience.

"I wanted to meet you both. Especially you, Kitty." He grinned. "I mean - I am here for Triwizard Tournament. I'm supervising the first task, but I wanted to see you too." He got up, picked up his jacket and put it on. "Talking about why Hagrid wanted to see you. That's because he wanted to introduce you to the first task you will be facing."

"Stop it!" Heroneka watched him, frozen. "Can you be serious for a moment?"

"I see you're still wearing the collar I gave you!" He winked at her again. "Did Malfoy like it?"

Heroneka recalled how angry Draco had gotten on seeing the sex collar on her wrist.

"Take it off, please!" She raised her right wrist in front of him. "It has been a pain! A huge pain!"