Helping Hogwarts Champions

Heroneka got up late on Sunday morning, dressed up quickly, then she hurried off to find Harry and Hermione. When she entered the great hall, some boy from Ravenclaw table yelled 'Wild Card' but she didn't pay attention. But that seemed to get the rest of the boys' attention.

Harry and Hermione were just getting up from the Gryffindor table when they saw her.

"I'm going to tell Hermione everything," Harry assured her. "You eat breakfast!"

"What happened?" Hermione kept asking Harry. "What did Sirius say?"

"Snitchy!" Harry went on. "Do me a favour, won't you?"

"What?" She said.

"Talk to Cedric?" He began to walk towards the Entrance Hall. "He is the only one who doesn't know."

With that, he and Hermione left the Great Hall. Heroneka watched them, as Harry hurried her out of the castle. Most probably, he was taking her towards the lake so they could talk there without anyone hearing them.

"Snitchy!" Fred called her from the Gryffindor table.

Heroneka sat next to George and helped herself with some fried eggs.

"Are you okay?" Fred asked from across the table. "You look pretty shaken."

Heroneka couldn't tell the twins that she had met Charlie the previous night. This was against the rules. None of the champions was supposed to know about the first task details.

"Just a little bit nervous!" She tried to smile. "The first task is almost here, right?"

"Yes!!" Fred said excitedly. "It's on Tuesday evening. The day after tomorrow!"

"Do you have any idea what you are going to do?" George asked her curiously.

"No, not at all!" Heroneka laughed nervously.

She wasn't lying. She had assured Harry that he could ask Hermione for help. Heroneka had told him that she would take care of herself. She would find a way to get past the dragon. But in reality, she had no clue about what was going to happen.

She needed someone to help her. Instinctively, her head turned to look at the Slytherin table. Draco was busy talking to a group of students sitting close to him. They looked younger, maybe second-years. The same girl whom Heroneka has seen talking to Draco before was with them. She was staring at Draco with so much admiration, it burnt Heroneka. Who the hell was this tiny little girl?

Suddenly, Crabbe noticed her and whispered something to Draco, who quickly looked at Heroneka. He smiled softly. Heroneka wanted to talk to him and didn't know how to tell him. But her expression had given him the message that they needed to talk. Draco gestured her towards the Entrance Hall.

Without even eating anything at all, Heroneka hurried outside, closely accompanied by Draco. They went to find an empty classroom, went inside and shut the door behind them.

Heroneka told Draco about the dragons - that Hagrid had managed to show her the first task and that all the other champions knew about it, except Cedric.

"Dealing with a dragon won't be deadly for me!" She said. "Everyone knows that I am capable of communicating with animals. If I die doing the task -- they might believe that I am dying on purpose."

"I was going to say the same thing!" Draco paced around the classroom. "Let's do one thing. You get out of this task alive because if this one is so dangerous, we still have two more tasks to focus on. You can die doing them."

"Draco, I don't want to die, but the thing is, I won't be allowed to use my shields." She told him.

'What?" Draco looked at her instantly. "It's not a weapon or something. It is a part of your abilities."