Goodbyes And Kisses

Heroneka's trunk was packed. She had sent Oscar to William with a note, asking him to keep the owl while she returned from the train because she didn't have a cage for him. Fay left with Blaise and Draco, telling her that she wanted to spend time with them during her journey. Draco had promised her that he would meet her on the train one last time before leaving for home. Heroneka, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were waiting in the crowded entrance hall with the rest of the fourth years for the carriages that would take them back to Hogsmeade station. It was another beautiful summer's day. She just wanted to go back to Mermaid Island and meet Cedric straightaway.

"'Arry!"

They looked around. Fleur Delacour was hurrying up the stone steps into the castle. Beyond her, far across the grounds, Heroneka could see Hagrid helping Madame Maxime to back two of the giant horses into their harness. The Beauxbatons carriage was about to take off.

"We will see each uzzer again, I 'ope," said Fleur as she reached Harry, holding out her hand. "I am 'oping to get a job 'ere, to improve my Eenglish."

"It's very good already," said Ron in a strangled sort of voice. Fleur smiled at him; Hermione scowled.

Fleur turned to Heroneka and held out her hand. Heroneka was a little surprised and taken aback. But she shook her hand anyway. Fleur pulled Heroneka away from the others.

"I 'ope we can be frenzz." She smiled, still holding on to her hand. "I'm sorry for zee wordzz I 'ave said to you."

Heroneka smiled back at her. "Oh, it's alright... We can be friends."

They went back to Harry, Ron and Hermione quickly.

"Goodbye, 'Arry," said Fleur, turning to go. "It 'az been a pleasure meeting you!"

"What did she say?" Said, Harry. "Why did she took you aside?"

Heroenka's spirits couldn't help but lift slightly as she watched Fleur hurry back across the lawns to Madame Maxime, her silvery hair rippling in the sunlight.

"Nothing," Heroneka chuckled.

"Wonder how the Durmstrang students are getting back," said Ron. "D' you reckon they can steer that ship without Karkaroff?"

"Karkaroff did not steer," said a gruff voice. "He stayed in his cabin and let us do the vork."

Viktor was standing behind them.

"Viktor," said Heroneka.

"I haf something for you, Heroneka." He said quickly, pulling out an envelope from his robes' pocket and handing it to her.

Heroneka took the envelope and looked up at Viktor. "What is this?"

"A list of students from Durmstrag." He said kindly. "All of them are from the final year. Vee are all of age now. Vee vont you to know that vee all stand veeth you - you haf our support and dedication. Your father has done great things for the veezards and veetches at Durmstrang. You know that you are highly respected by us. In response to vot happened veeth you recently, vee are giving you our names and addresses. If you need any help or assistance - just send us a vord and vee vil be there for you."

Harry and Ron gaped at Viktor. Hermione was beaming at him. Heroneka, however, threw her arms around him and hugged Viktor feeling more grateful than ever, and he hugged her back. He picked her up and walked away from Harry, Ron and Hermione, while still hugging and took her to one side, just like Fleur had.

"What are you doing?" She burst to laugh.

Viktor chuckled putting her down and still hugging her tightly. Heroneka remembered the time when they had been inside the maze. Viktor had been bewitched by Barty Crouch. She felt so bad for him... He had been asking her for help and she never understood that he was trying hard to fight the Imperius Curse.