A Spicy Night With Draco

Heroneka, Harry, Ron, and Hermione went up to the Owlery that evening to find Oscar and Pigwidgeon, so that Harry and Heroneka could send Sirius and Remus an update, telling them that they had managed to get past the dragons unscathed.

"Why do I have to write to Remus?" Heroneka asked them stiffly.

"Because Professor Lupin cares about you." Hermione reminded her. "He gave you some really good advice the last time, but you never even tried that."

On the way, Harry filled Ron in on everything Sirius had told him about Karkaroff and Andrew. Though shocked at first to hear that Karkaroff had been a Death Eater and that Andrew worked for Zagan, by the time they entered the Owlery Ron was saying that they ought to have suspected it all along.

Oscar hooted happily, fluttering happily at Heroneka's sight. His thoughts told her that her song was magically magnified and had reached the Owlery as well. The other owls were watching her halo with excitement now, but Oscar was scowling at them, warning them that he was taking Heroneka's letter.

Pigwidgeon was so overexcited at the idea of a delivery he was flying around and around Harry's head, hooting incessantly. Ron snatched Pigwidgeon out of the air and held him still while Harry attached the letter to his leg.

"You wrote everything, right?" Hermione confirmed as she tied Heroneka's letter to Oscar's leg. "The task - about Andrew - about why you entered the tournament?"

"Why do you think my letter looks like a package, Mione?" Heroneka eyed her letter. "It took four parchments to write all of it down. Snape would give me best grades if I wrote this much for his essays."

Hermione laughed and then backed up a bit as Oscar hooted, spreading his wings and then took off into the purple sky.

"There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be?" Ron went on as he carried Pigwidgeon to the window. "You know what? I reckon you could win this tournament, Harry, I'm serious."

"Snitchy could win the Triwizard Tournament as well!" Hermione said defensively. "Her performance was the best today!"

Harry and Heroneka looked at each other. They knew what was happening. Now that the four of them were back together, Hermione and Ron would resume their fights as well.

"Of course," said Ron. "But she has already decided to die during the upcoming tasks. I don't think that the judges will let her win if she ends up losing one of her lives while doing a task."

"That's true," Hermione said quietly, looking at Heroneka.

"I don't have to win!" She assured them. "Let's just make sure that Harry survives this tournament without dying. If he wins - that will be the cherry on top of the cake."

"Right!" Said Hermione. "You both got a long way to go before finishing this tournament," she said seriously. "If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next."

"Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?" said Ron. "You and Professor Trelawney should get together sometime."

He threw Pigwidgeon out of the window. Pigwidgeon plummeted twelve feet before managing to pull himself back up again; the letter attached to his leg was much longer and heavier than usual. They watched Pigwidgeon disappear into the darkness, and then Ron said, "Well, we'd better get downstairs for the surprise party for you both. Fred and George should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now."

Sure enough, when they entered the Gryffindor common room it exploded with cheers and yells again. There were mountains of cakes and flagons of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every surface; Lee Jordan had let off some Filibuster's Fireworks so that the air was thick with stars and sparks; and Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Heroneka dancing and colours bursting around her, Harry zooming around the Horntail's head on his Firebolt, and a couple showed Cedric with his head on fire.